What do you like on your pizza?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pdswife, when you make your homemade pizza, do you buy a readymade crust or make the crust? could you share your recipe! :)

My hubby makes the best crusts and I make a pretty wonderful sauce.
Let me go find the recipe. I'll be back shortly.

Paul's Crust
2 1/2 cups bread flour
1 tsp. Salt
1 package yeast
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup HOT water (110 degrees)
1 teaspoon brown sugar.

sorry.. I don't have the instructions.. he just kneeds it for awhile and then lets it rise. Sometimes ONCE... sometimes TWICE depending on how hungry we are.

My Sauce
Feel free to add more or less of each item.

5 cloves diced garlic
1/2 onion diced
1 can diced tomato
1 can tomato sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons Greek Oregano
1/2 teaspoon fennel
1 -1 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
dash salt

Dice onion and garlic and saute in EVOO
Add tomatoes and tomato sauce
add Oregano and fennel and sugar and salt
Let simmer until flavors all meld together.

If you like your sauce "unlumpy" you can throw the tomatoes, garlic
and onion into a food processor before or after cooking.

also check out this link. It has some good ideas.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f120/pizza-pizza-18210.html?highlight=pizza

I like a pesto pizza from a semi-local place, it has tomato, basil and parmesan and a philly cheese steak pie with steak-ums and american cheese. That place is sadly out of business. If I make them at home I like a french bread pizza with all the veggies (no olives) and peperoni.

the classic margherita is great. I also like the works with fish. (I am not fond of pinapple on pizza or in jello tho) A great one is calamata olives, feta cheese, and prosciuto. yum!

with the exception of Pineapple anything savory as long as it has extra cheese, I`m a bit of a slag when it comes to Pizza, I just love the stuff :)

I really like dill pickle slices on my pizza!

Not a big fan of the pineapple inventions, or
fresh tomato slices, but most anything else is great.
Thin crust, please! :)

My favorite is just a plain cheese pizza for the most part. But when I feel like any toppings, I like black olive slices, onions, anchovies, and mushrooms. Not necessarily all at once though.

I like traditional toppings on my pizza and love thin crusts. I love extra onions and mushrooms. I've really gotten into making my own pizza dough lately. It's been fun since we've been trying different things. Next one I might try stuffing the crust with cheese.

one of my favs is a plain cheese pizza (easy on the tomato sauce) with thin slices of fresh garlic all over it. also like a margherita pizza and a greek pizza with evoo, feta, kalamata olives, tomato slices, garlic and herbs.

Anchovies! I love anchovies on pizza. Unfortunately, it is very hard to find someone ELSE who likes anchovies on pizza, so you learn to eat a whole pizza by yourself.

BTW, if God wanted pineapple on pizza, He would have put Italy in the South Pacific!

pepperoni and black olives from a couple of places, meatball and ricotta from a few others, and fried eggplant from another.

Depends on my mood, but lately I am into sliced fresh tomatoes, spinach, and fried eggplant.

fishy fishy

Anchovies! I love anchovies on pizza. Unfortunately, it is very hard to find someone ELSE who likes anchovies on pizza, so you learn to eat a whole pizza by yourself.

BTW, if God wanted pineapple on pizza, He would have put Italy in the South Pacific!

i love a local pizza house, i get one with everything on it, cept pineapple. i do love anchovies on it as well. if i am sharing the pie, i order anchovies on the side. try to keep a can in my pantry in case i forget to order em. oh yes, and thin crust. if i wanted bread i would order it. lol

babe:ROFLMAO:

Constance, you would be in heaven in Hawaii. I threw a "real" luau and folk were amazed that one true ingredient, is, you've got it, SPAM. DH and I went to the home-town of SPAM and they were astonished to realize that, in fact, SPAM is the spectacular home-town food in Hawaii. Maybe this has changed over the years. Do any of you live in Hawaii? When I lived there, SPAM was king (late 70s, early 80s). Kabobs, grilled, sushi (not kidding), etc. And, of course, pizza!

SPAM is the spectacular home-town food in Hawaii. Maybe this has changed over the years. Do any of you live in Hawaii? When I lived there, SPAM was king (late 70s, early 80s). Kabobs, grilled, sushi (not kidding), etc. And, of course, pizza!

Spam is still King! Hawaii is still the largest consumer of Spam. I haven't lived there in many years but we still go back about once a year. Friends there still give cases of Spam as presents. And there are so many varieties of Spam now from when I was a kid.

SPAM® Cheese, SPAM® Hot & Spicy, SPAM® Garlic, SPAM® Lite (an oxy-moron if you ask me :LOL:) just to name a few. I think I counted 11 different flavor varieties.

You can even get Spam musuhi at a couple of the Hawaiian bbq places in San Diego. I never did develop a taste for it but maybe I might try it on pizza next time.

Back
Top Bottom