What do you like on your pizza?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Home chef

Senior Cook
My sister-in-law turned me on to this. Pineapple, pepperocini, and pepperoni. It's fantastic! Every time I pick up an order from the pizzaria I get really strange looks.

Anything EXCEPT fish or fruit. BTW, when I lived in Hawaii, Hawaiian pizza wasn't Canadian bacon and pineapple, it was SPAM and pineapple. NOT a good idea! But for me, leave off the pineapple, anchovies, shrimp ... oh, yeah, no SPAM either. Otherwise I'm pretty flexible. There really aren't that many bad pizzas.

Lots of veggies like Bell peppers, onions, garlic, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, tomatoes (especially sun dried ones), olives of all kinds, spinach, etc. I like sweet things too like pineapple and bbq sauce (trust me peaches on a white sauce based pizza can be good as well), chicken, all matter of cheese (except for blue/green cheeses) and fresh basil are some of my favs :)

We generally get what we call the garbage pizza, it is everything they have except anchovies (and never pineapple, which one needs to specifically order, and frankly we don't appreciate on pizza).

I happen to like anchovies on pizza but the better part of our marriage does not, and so we do not have them put on. We tried the 'just put them on one half' approach, but the anchovy flavor manages to seep onto mopst of the rest of the pie.

My SIL also likes anchovies on her pies, but her hubby will not tolerate them.

We have talked about getting our own pie with anchovies but have not gotten around to it yet.

If we are getting just a couple of toppings, always go for extra cheese, onions, and pepperoni.

To us a pizza is not a true pizza without lots of sauce (why we stopped using Dominos) and onions.

When we make our own we use Boboli and tons of cheese and sauce, onions, mushrooms, pepperoni, and sliced black olives. We heap it high and enjoy.

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to pizza. Pepperoni, onion, green peppers and mushrooms are allowed on my pizza. Often, just the pepperoni and onions.

No broccoli, pineapple, chicken or bacon for me, thanks.

Pepperoni and jalapeno... always! Fresh jalapenos are better, a bit crisper texture.

Tis easier to state what I would not prefer on pizza.

No fish, fruit, or fowl. No olives either.

I'm not much of an exotic topping person either. Peppers, onions, mushrooms, beef, sausage, pepperoni, bacon, ham, garlic are what I consider normal pizza toppings. Oh, and cheese, of course. The more the merrier.

Favorite pizza? If I could get all of the above with extra, extra cheese, done a bit well done. Otherwise, from a place like Dominos/Pizza Hut, etc. the Meatlover's with extra cheese.

If they'd let me mix the Meat Lover's with the Cheese Lover's, that'd be almost as good as it gets!

Claire said:
Anything EXCEPT fish or fruit. BTW, when I lived in Hawaii, Hawaiian pizza wasn't Canadian bacon and pineapple, it was SPAM and pineapple. NOT a good idea! But for me, leave off the pineapple, anchovies, shrimp ... oh, yeah, no SPAM either. Otherwise I'm pretty flexible. There really aren't that many bad pizzas.

I love Spam...I'd rather have it than pepperoni or Italian sausage, especially if it's sauteed a bit before putting on the pizza.
I also love anchovies, but nobody here offers them.

I like it with a fresh tomato sauce, broccoli and smoked salmon (and maybe even a little mascarpone)

Order or Make your own?

If I order pizza, I take the classic approach - i.e, just pepperoni

If I'm making it myself, then I prefer to make a white garlic pizza.

I mix a little olive oil, chopped garlic, and a squirt of red wine (not too much, you don't want it to be watery).

I let that sit while I chop up cherry or grape tomatoes and prep some basil leaves.

Spread the olive oil mixture onto the dough. Don't add too much of this sauce. The operation should be a little more than just wetting the dough.

Lay down some Parmesan and Romano cheese. Next on are the basil leaves. Then, dump on the mozzarella. I like a lot of cheese, you really can't be too inventive. I'll add almost anything Italian - no cheddar or American. Finally, come the tomato slices.

If I want to add some meet, I pick up some prosciutto and place it intermixed with the mozzarella.

All ingredients must be fresh. Fresh parm, Romano, garlic, etc.

N.B., use real wine. I think cooking wine is terrible. If you don't want to add the alcohol, then just leave the wine out. I usually use a Cabernet. I've never tried white wine for this. The only white I drink are Rieslings or Gewürztraminer. And something bothers me about putting German wine on pizza. However, white wine could potentially be a better choice; after all, this is a WHITE garlic pizza.

Domino's - I like pepperoni, mushrooms and extra cheese
Pizza Hut- I lurve the BBQ pizza
Papa Johns- the spinach pizza is awesome with the garlic-butter sauce drizzled over! YUUUUUUMMMY!

If we order out... just canadian bacon with onions or mushrooms or pineapple.

If we make it at home (oh so much better)

veggies! onions, red peppers, artichoke hearts, mushrooms!
Last time I carmalized the onions first. They were golden brown and delish!
It really added a nice flavor to my dinner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom