What do you put on your popcorn?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calya

Senior Cook
Since it is Friday night, I thought I would share what I like to put on my popcorn. Of course butter is my #1 choice, but it is not always the healthiest option, so here is what I do:

Pop plain popcorn then drown it in Olive oil and toss it around in sour cream and chive powder.

I haven't eaten popcorn in a while, either homemade or microwave..... and I do think there are some pretty good nukem brands out there, but when I did, sometimes butter and salt, sometimes just salt, sometimes cajun seasoning.
I typically eat so late now, that I don't need a snack at night.

Ahhh, Popcorn!

A couple of weeks (months?) back Wife popped some in a sauce pan. Hasn't been a microwave batch made since. I had forgotten how good real popped popcorn is.

Butter and salt.

Sometimes after I butter and salt I'll soften a chunk of butter and toss it in the bowl.

Garlic powder in the butter .... Now you got me thinking.

Kettle corn, done the same way we used to at the County Fair. After that, caramel corn and then butter with salt.

Fresh popped, I gotta have butter and salt - nuke, as is w/salt. Love popcorn but don't eat it very often.

Last edited:
Loooooove popcorn. Sometimes that's all Buck and I have for dinner. I've popped corn on top of the stove in a saucepan, in the microwave, in air poppers, etc. But the BEST popper of all is our Whirley Pop popcorn popper that is used on the stove. Makes the best popcorn ever. We add salt to the oil as it's popping and it makes the best ever popcorn. Then, of course, melted butter over all. Yum.

Yeah Whirley Popper!!!!!!!!

Loooooove popcorn. Sometimes that's all Buck and I have for dinner. I've popped corn on top of the stove in a saucepan, in the microwave, in air poppers, etc. But the BEST popper of all is our Whirley Pop popcorn popper that is used on the stove. Makes the best popcorn ever. We add salt to the oil as it's popping and it makes the best ever popcorn. Then, of course, melted butter over all. Yum.

Yeah Whirley Popper!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah. That's a given when making it on the stovetop.... gotta have salt in the oil. I like cooking it in OR's butter flavored oil. And using popcorn salt (very fine).

Anyone remember TV Time popcorn? It came prepackaged with the kernels, peanut oil, directions and about a cup of salt :wacko: It only took a couple of times to realize that they didn't make a mistake. They actually thought you would use all that salt :ermm::ermm:

"Salt and buttah pleeze "

Me too. Funny, we have friends that got transferred to Charleston, and they asked us to send them "Salt & Vinegar" popcorn stuff. I couldn't believe it cost $3.00 for a bottle the size of a spice jar!! Heck, I should have opened one and tried it!!!:LOL:

My neighbors taught me to add a little Mongolian Fire Oil into the veg oil before I pop it, and that's good.

But a foodie friend of mine taught me to pop it as usual, then pour a little BACON GREASE over it (how's that, my Bacon-Loving Friends?)

It's a beautiful thing! :)

Lee

Whirley Pop popcorn popper that is used on the stove

We resurrected something from the basement, not sure if that's what it is. Heavy duty steel, with a hand crank shaft. It makes the best popcorn! I'll try adding the salt to the oil when popping. I do love my salt. :)

pop goes the corn

dare i say it? i love the popcorn u can buy at the movies the fake butter is just wonderful and probably lethal.

i can eat a giant tub all by myself.

not crazy bout making it at home, though.

babe:pig::pig:

We gave up on nuked popcorn.... made some the old fashioned way with oil on the stove for caramel corn, and remembered how much better it was!
I LOVE butter and salt on it, but I've learned to live without the butter. Just salt. Butter maybe once a month or less. Once in awhile DH makes one of the treats his Dad used to and dumps a bag of M&M's in after its salted. I dont know why, the kids just pick out the chocolate!!

Back
Top Bottom