What does Challah taste like? Is it sweet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's ok, Charlie. I'm pretty sure we all know what you meant and that you weren't yelling, lol, and abuut is about, etc. Is your keyboard sticking? Maybe you should just buy a new one. My old one stuck because too many things had been spilled on it. Sometimes the system is just slow and that does all kinds of wacko things to words as they are typed.

Oh, I forgot to say that I made up the dough today. I'll bake tomorrow and let y'all know how it turns out. I used half and half milk and water, butter, 1/4 cup honey. No vanilla, no poppy seeds.

Results

In case anyone is interested....

They turned out delicious, if I do say so myself. :chef: The flavor is really outstanding for a wheat roll. I'm really a white bread fan but I always eat whole grain healthy stuff!! The amount of honey was just right. Although, they could have used a touch more for dinner rolls. However, I'll be using these for snacks with cheese or mini sandwiches as well, so 1/4 cup honey was the way to go for that.

The texture was "light and airy". Not like a croissant, but it is a very light, tender and soft roll. Not dense like a wheat bread is usually. I think the eggs and vital wheat gluten helped in that department.

Thanks again everybody! I wish I could include the aroma in this post! I'm stuffed and still wanting to eat more rolls.

Some challah is very sweet. I have even seen it topped with sprinkles or confectioner's sugar, almost like a frosting.

Good for you and thank you for posting result, personally I really apreciate when people do that. Thanks.

We are always interested in the results... thanks for sharing and congratulations a successful challah!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom