"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Old 04-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #21
Assistant Cook
That's ok, Charlie. I'm pretty sure we all know what you meant and that you weren't yelling, lol, and abuut is about, etc. Is your keyboard sticking? Maybe you should just buy a new one. My old one stuck because too many things had been spilled on it. Sometimes the system is just slow and that does all kinds of wacko things to words as they are typed.

thymetobake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:46 PM   #22
Assistant Cook
Oh, I forgot to say that I made up the dough today. I'll bake tomorrow and let y'all know how it turns out. I used half and half milk and water, butter, 1/4 cup honey. No vanilla, no poppy seeds.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #23
Assistant Cook

In case anyone is interested....

They turned out delicious, if I do say so myself. The flavor is really outstanding for a wheat roll. I'm really a white bread fan but I always eat whole grain healthy stuff!! The amount of honey was just right. Although, they could have used a touch more for dinner rolls. However, I'll be using these for snacks with cheese or mini sandwiches as well, so 1/4 cup honey was the way to go for that.

The texture was "light and airy". Not like a croissant, but it is a very light, tender and soft roll. Not dense like a wheat bread is usually. I think the eggs and vital wheat gluten helped in that department.

Thanks again everybody! I wish I could include the aroma in this post! I'm stuffed and still wanting to eat more rolls.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:18 AM   #24
Chief Eating Officer
Congrats on your success. They sound great.
You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:06 PM   #25
Sous Chef
Some challah is very sweet. I have even seen it topped with sprinkles or confectioner's sugar, almost like a frosting.
MostlyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:53 PM   #26
Master Chef
Good for you and thank you for posting result, personally I really apreciate when people do that. Thanks.
You are what you eat.
CharlieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:40 AM   #27
Master Chef
Site Moderator
We are always interested in the results... thanks for sharing and congratulations a successful challah!

DaveSoMD is offline   Reply With Quote