"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Old 03-27-2005, 01:45 PM   #11
Master Chef
Originally Posted by wasabi
Give it to Rosemary on thyme?

Ok, ok,.....I'm bored. :roll:

Wasabi; You and I are thinking alike. I would add my two cents, but there's already about twenty bucks worth of sage advice here.

By the way, how old do you have to be before you're considered a sage old man? I'm 49 1/2. Does that qualify?

And how come only old men are considered sage? And what are old women considered? I could guess, but would probably get into trouble.

It's a learned cultural thing. I'm surely not at fault and am not reponsible for my actions. I'm the product of a broken home where nearly all my needs, and many of my wants were met. But I never did get that brand-new Porsche I've dreamt of for so long. It's not my fault. It must be a cultural thing. I'm not to blame for my actions. The bad puns! Woe is me. It's not my fault. I'm not to blame. It must be a cultural thing!

Now didn't that just sound like a teenager

Well, I'm out of thyme and out of bad puns (whew, I thought he'd never stop).

Happy Easter everyone, and please, please remember what The Holiday is all about.

And Happy Passover for those who celebrate that Holyday.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 04:30 PM   #12
Senior Cook
something else sage is good for....

Originally Posted by jpinmaryland
Made bean dip with sage: cannellini beans, sage, cayenne, garlic, tomato paste, salt/pepper.

What else can I do with this herb? Chicken I guess...
If you're troubled with ants, just sprinkle it along the baseboard or in the cupboard where they're coming in and they'll scurry away...it really works.

Jovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 04:53 PM   #13
Get out. Really? Will that work outside too do you suppose?
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 12:07 AM   #14
Senior Cook
Originally Posted by Alix
Get out. Really? Will that work outside too do you suppose?
SAge and cloves work great inside..don't know about outside....because of the rain and such...but in the house, just sprinkle some down..I did the other day at my daughter's and those little bums just hightailed it back on out of there.

Jovin is offline   Reply With Quote