What food don't you like.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far I haven't found much of anything I couldn't eat.
Fried pork liver might be close, but I am fond of beef and poultry livers.
Most of the items mentioned here so far, I like a lot.....
even boiled peanuts :LOL:
Some, like durian, I have never had the pleasure to try.
I was surprised there wasn't more feedback defending boiled peanuts. Mention them at a party here in the south, and it seems more people like them than not. Maybe it's what you grow up with. For me the over salted soggy/chewy sort of stale like texture is a turnoff. Maybe it's just the over saltiness. When I was young I loved Fritos and the like. Now it's just a mouthful of salt. Same for KFC. Love the crunch but can't stand so much salt.

I don't like pancakes either MA, although French Toast is fine.

Are boiled peanuts eaten with the shell? Doesn't matter really, as I don't like peanuts, or peanut butter. Ick.

I don't like bananas either, or bing cherries (the red ones).

I don't like most beans, lima beans are out of the question.

Feta cheese is nasty and bitter.

Chocolate is highly over rated, it doesn't do much for me.

Interesting thread!!

Last edited:
There are foods that I don't like, and there are foods that I avoid for a reason other than taste.

Foods that I don't LIKE:

Lima Beans (I think I was born with an aversion to them!)
Cilantro (old sweat socks)
Black eyed peas (Just a big "yuck!")
Chicken Gizzards (too tough and texture is like all cartilage)
Boiled cabbage (stinky!)

I'm also part of the apparently 'small' group that likes most everything. I confess to not being wild about foie gras or sweetbreads but would eat them if part of a pre-fixe meal for example, brains I'd have to think hard about!
I understand once you get past the smell, durian is terrif, so would be open to trying it if maybe I had a clothespin handy!

Brains are easier to eat than order.They are great but I have trouble when it comes time to order them.

I have tried Durian;fresh, in treats, and ice cream....Still YUK!

I confess to not being wild about foie gras or sweetbreads but would eat them if part of a pre-fixe meal for example, brains I'd have to think hard about!
:LOL:,MSC. Something I regret about myself is that I don't like farm fresh brown eggs. They're so overwhelmingly rich it seems to me. I want to like them but I prefer the more tasteless white eggs in the grocery stores. Same with milk...I don't drink milk by itself but still I prefer skim over whole...well, now I've crossed over to almond milk since my little vegan-yogateacher-esthetician-joggingfool-wholefoodsaholic-wheatgrassdrinkin' beautiful daughter has moved back home for awhile. She's starting to rub off on me....darn...and living in sin was so much fun :angel:

Okra unless it is pickled. Tried snake, that was a big yuck. I almost forgot, snails, no way I'll eat them again. I honestly will eat most anything if it is prepared properly.

B. Sprouts

Shrunken Heads a.k.a. brussel sprouts

Holy Cow pie! Brussel Sprouts it is! I have tried cooking those little balls of rotten cabbage every way imaginable and I still can't stand 'em. I used to hate beets as well, since I was a kid, but I found out, if I cook the red part separate, peel them and cut them up, then sauté them with the tops in lots of butter, they are really good. I hate Harvard beets though!

I've never been a big milk drinker, but lately, I've been trying to eat more fiber in the form of cereal. Vanilla soy milk is what I prefer. Tried Almond milk, and it tastes good, but it doesn't have enough protein.

Last edited:
Sprouts don't have to taste foul. Most of the time, people over-cook them, that's why.

Feta cheese is nasty and bitter.

It shouldn't be, not the commercial brand like Fage, the "Total" brand. It's creamy and mild and not a hint of bitterness.

Locally made feta should be just as good, because dairy smallholders depend on high quality production. At worst, cheap, unbranded feta bought from delis is often way too salty. If feta was always like that, it would be long out of production by now.

I dont like: oysters, some seaweed.

I can't get over what it is to try it: balut

My opinion on Boiled peanuts: They are ok but roasted are better.

Are you sure they are human? I couldn't live without onions!
I agree!

I cannot stand:

-Black licorice
-Dates (I replace them with raisins in recipes)
-Roasted peanuts (love peanut butter and can even stomach a few boiled peanuts now and then--feel and taste like black eyed peas to me)
-Oysters
-Ricotta

Some things I have never tried and have no desire to try are escargot, mountain oysters, caviar, kidneys, and tripe.
:)Barbara

It shouldn't be, not the commercial brand like Fage, the "Total" brand. It's creamy and mild and not a hint of bitterness.

Locally made feta should be just as good, because dairy smallholders depend on high quality production. At worst, cheap, unbranded feta bought from delis is often way too salty. If feta was always like that, it would be long out of production by now.

I'm "wrong" to not like Feta, and think it's nasty and bitter? :LOL:

I like tripe, I can't understand why you don't. :LOL:

Point made, I hope. :flowers:

There are few foods available to me in day to day life that I dislike (and that includes my few European and Asian travels, and friends who were from those areas and made foods that many of my U.S. friends wouldn't eat). Bugs, durian, stinky tofu aside, these are things I haven't been pressed to try and wouldn't care to. I'm not one of those people who gags and makes a fuss when I don't like something, as a general rule, I can eat things I don't like. And my few dislikes are:

Corn meal. Corn bread, tamales, sckanze, polenta. I love, and I do mean love, corn, but for some reason am not crazy about corn bread/mush/grits in its many forms. Again, I can eat it, just don't like it.

Milk. Again, I like every form of milk I've ever had, just not a glass of milk. Go figger. Seriously, when I was a child my friends' mothers and mother's friends would give me no end of grief because I simply didn't want to drink milk, and could live forever without breakfast cereal. They'd tell me I'd better drink my milk or I wouldn't grow strong and tall. At 55 I'm 5'9" and show absolutely no signs of bone loss.

There are a few things I don't care for in certain preparations, it is usually a texture thing. But very little that I dislike actively.

Back
Top Bottom