"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 12-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #201
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
It's a good thing that this thread is not "what vegetable would you not want to see on your plate". There is not a vegetable that I can name that I do not like. I LOVE EM!
I like almost all vegetables. The only vegetable I really dislike is cauliflower. I love broccoli which looks like the same thing except green, but for me broccoli has taste and cauliflower does not.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:14 PM   #202
Assistant Cook

ugh... lima beans, liver, cauliflower, fur, hair or feathers of any kind for any reason, pigs feet, organ meats, and anything same-species. Hi, I'm Mellie by the way. I'm new.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:26 PM   #203
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygood View Post
ugh... lima beans, liver, cauliflower, fur, hair or feathers of any kind for any reason, pigs feet, organ meats, and anything same-species. Hi, I'm Mellie by the way. I'm new.
Hi Mellie! Welcome to DC. I'm not sure what you mean by "anything same-species".
Old 12-25-2011, 08:57 AM   #204
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Hi Mellie! Welcome to DC. I'm not sure what you mean by "anything same-species".
I mean the same species as I am, which, on most days, is human.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:14 AM   #205
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourmet Greg View Post
I like almost all vegetables. The only vegetable I really dislike is cauliflower. I love broccoli which looks like the same thing except green, but for me broccoli has taste and cauliflower does not.
I feel an instant rapport with you, Greg. There aren't too many of us cauliflower haters around here.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #206
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I feel an instant rapport with you, Greg. There aren't too many of us cauliflower haters around here.
I bet I hate it more than you do...
Old 12-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #207
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I bet I hate it more than you do...

Not possible.

When I become King of the World, I am going to ban cauliflower from Earth. I will have scientists alter cauliflower DNA so it can never be reproduced again. I will purge all references to cauliflower everywhere and eradicate all cauliflower recipes. People will not be allowed to speak the word aloud for fear of the punishment that awaits them.

My dream is a cauliflower-free world where children can grow up knowing colorful vegetables that actually have a taste of their own.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #208
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I used to go to bed without any dinner, because cauliflower was served. If I wouldn't eat it, I couldn't have anything. Unfortunately, Mom realized I would happily do without, so she changed the rules.
Old 12-25-2011, 10:43 AM   #209
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Not possible.

When I become King of the World, I am going to ban cauliflower from Earth. I will have scientists alter cauliflower DNA so it can never be reproduced again. I will purge all references to cauliflower everywhere and eradicate all cauliflower recipes. People will not be allowed to speak the word aloud for fear of the punishment that awaits them.

My dream is a cauliflower-free world where children can grow up knowing colorful vegetables that actually have a taste of their own.
Does that mean I can't overcook it and then mash it like potatoes with loads of butter? Or cover it with loads of cheese? Or do any of those other nasty things folks do to hide the taste of it?
I say "Onward your Majesty, Onward!!!
Old 12-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #210
Wine Guy

Quit hating on the cauliflower! I love the stuff! Raw, cooked... whatever. The only way I didn't care for it was roasted. To me it just tastes like cauliflower that's burnt around the edges.