"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 12-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #31
Executive Chef

hmmm, interesting. i just watched the gordon ramsay video on the sardinian cheese. i would like to taste this cheese one day....

Old 12-11-2011, 07:15 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta
hmmm, interesting. i just watched the gordon ramsay video on the sardinian cheese. i would like to taste this cheese one day....
Just wear your goggles.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Seafood or fish of any kind. I can't stand the smell of it, and I don't know how anyone could smell it and still eat it. Don't tell me that the very fresh stuff has no smell because it does, just much more mild, my sister lives on the coast of Maine and gets seafood right off the boat, literally.

Cilantro, it tastes like soap to me, it's a flavor that I can detect right off. I am becoming a bit more tolerant to it, but am not crazy about how "trendy" it is. The last time I went to Cheesecake Factory, it was sprinkled on all 3 appetizers, even though it wasn't listed in the description.

Organ meats. I liked liver as a child especially venison liver, but even the smell turns me green as an adult. Not crazy over wild game.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

beef liver , creamed corn, sardines, or most baked fish. i love fried fish pretty much doesn't matter what fish, but baked or steamed is a big no no for me. go figure.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #35
Head Chef

You're unlikely to find octopus on my plate, unless someone else puts it there. I'll eat it, but won't take it willingly. Just doesn't do it for me. But I really don't think there's anything in the way of food that I absolutely won't eat. I may eat it to be polite or because that's all there is, but I'll eat it. Oh, yeah. I won't eat one of those fried whole onion "flowers," even to be polite. Too greasy. Otherwise, I take the attitude that it hasn't killed the locals and probably won't kill me. I'm far more leery of badly done food than any particular food.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #36
Cook

On My Plate...

Okra. Yuck! I don't even like it fried (and I could eat a fried almost-anything) or smothered in tomatoes.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #37
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLC View Post
You're unlikely to find octopus on my plate, unless someone else puts it there. I'll eat it, but won't take it willingly. Just doesn't do it for me. But I really don't think there's anything in the way of food that I absolutely won't eat. I may eat it to be polite or because that's all there is, but I'll eat it. Oh, yeah. I won't eat one of those fried whole onion "flowers," even to be polite. Too greasy. Otherwise, I take the attitude that it hasn't killed the locals and probably won't kill me. I'm far more leery of badly done food than any particular food.

very well said, glc. i wholeheartedly agree with the "food done badly" part....
Old 12-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #38
Cupcake

I don't think I'm related to most of you because I've never met a veggie that I do not like. I also like liver, seafood, and most fishes. As GLC said, I won't like anything that isn't well-prepared. Also, textures are very important to me. Sometimes, the dish will taste fine, but I cannot tolerate the texture. Warm mayo-based salad comes to mind as does boiled ham. Boingy or bloody chicken on my plate? Game over. I'll lose my appetite.

While I like to try different things, and like to believe I am fairly adventurous, I know I won't be trying some of the things mentioned like the maggoty cheese and the buloot. I simply cannot get my head around it. I also do not want food that is fighting back. For example, I love octopus, but I saw a vid posted here where it was struggling to crawl out of the bowl and slapped the diner with its tentacles as it was being eaten. I'll pass, thanks. I just don't have enough backbone.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:47 PM   #39
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I like liver, but only if I cook it. Then I know it's done right.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #40
Master Chef

Site Administrator

Here is what Kathleen doesn't want to see on her plate. Eggs, bacon, pancakes with fruit topping, sausage and potatoes... all touching.