What foods you don't ever want to see on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like most REAL foods. There isn't much I would kick off my plate. Veggies, meats, dairy... you name it. All good to me.

But I do turn into a real snob at the mere site of processed foods. I draw the line at spongy white bread, processed meats (some sausages aside), or anything with Kraft Singles/Velveeta/Cheese Whiz on it. Blecch.

Last edited:
I like most REAL foods. There isn't much I would kick off my plate. Veggies, meats, dairy... you name it. All good to me.

But I do turn into a real snob at the mere site of processed foods. I draw the line at spongy white bread, processed meats (some sausages aside), or anything with Kraft Singles/Velveeta/Cheese Whiz on it. Blecch.

That's pretty much my attitude.

I was once asked if I would like cream cheese on my toast and I was given Cheese Whiz. :shock:

That was nasty. What is Cheese Whiz? Why would someone put "whiz" in the name of something meant to be eaten?

cheese whiz has a singular purpose in the world. it is meant for philly cheesesteaks.

that's about it.

cheese whiz has a singular purpose in the world. it is meant for philly cheesesteaks.

that's about it.

This. I also think those Velveeta and shells packs are good, but they gotta be spruced up with some broccoli or peas, BLSLCB, and topped with croutons. Of course, a real macaroni and cheese blows it away but I at least think they taste pretty good.

that's about it.

It is also great for entertaining scuba students on their first openwater dives. The fish love the stuff!:rolleyes: Of course, exposed toes with pink nail polish are very attractive to triggerfish, but as far as entertainment value to said student, not so much.

Craig

Last edited:
That's pretty much my attitude.

I was once asked if I would like cream cheese on my toast and I was given Cheese Whiz. :shock:

That was nasty. What is Cheese Whiz? Why would someone put "whiz" in the name of something meant to be eaten?

HA!:ROFLMAO: Now THAT'S funny! Let me put some Whiz on your toast! I never thought of it quite that way! Taxlady, yer killin me!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

that's pretty much it for me too. sort of like whatever andrew zimmern eats.

i saw him eat a 3 week old fertilized duck egg the other day. :sick:

it looked like a slimey baby duck all curled up and crammed in a shell, pin feathers and all.
:sick::sick::sick:Technically, that would be an incubated fertile duck egg. If fertile eggs are not brooded or incubated, the ducklings/chicks don't develop. Chicken eggs are kept 1-10 days before they are put in the brooder (incubator), I know one chicken keeper who keeps them in the fridge for a week before she puts them in the incubator. I think the incubator heat needed is 99 degrees--if one of my hens goes broody, I might hatch a few chicks next Spring...not sure yet..(I didn't realize that the hens will flip the eggs--if there are other eggs in the nest box, the hen will turn the other eggs over while waiting to lay her egg).

Eating that duckling was downright gross. Depending on the species, a 3-week old duck egg would be 7 days away from hatching (duck eggs take 28-35 days).

Last edited:
Black pudding, I have tried it and it taste very good but I can't get my head around eating congealed blood.

Ps I tried the maggot cheese in Sardinia yrs ago when kidnapping was in vogue.

Here's an article out to day right on topic with a list of the most commonly disliked foods. Obviously from their responses, some here will agree with the author's characterizations of "soapy cilantro," "bitter Brussels sprouts," "funky fennel," and "icky eggplant."

Why You Can’t Stand Certain Foods | Shine Food - Yahoo! Shine
With the excetion of the eggplant, I love all of the foods in that list, though if cilantro is overused in a sauce, it can taste "soapy". I love both cooked and raw tomato. I guess I'm just a different kind of guy. Also, I've noticed that over the years, my sense of smell isn't what it once was. My DW can hold up a raw, store-bouoght tomato and say, doesn't this one smell great? I'll smell it and detect only a bit of the stem odor. On the ohter hand, the cherry and grape tomatoes excite my olfactory senses and smell great to me. DW says they smell like they're overripe. She's also super-sensitive to hot, and bitter flavors.

As we age, our sensitivity decreases. especially to basic flavors, such as salt. Also, overuse of certain flavors decreases our sinsitivity to those flavors. As we eat more hot peppers, we become less sensitive to the heat.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom