What foods you don't ever want to see on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chicken Parmesan. You won't see that on my plate either.

Really? Huh.. the most famous dish coming out of Arizona too.. too bad. :LOL:

What is it about chicken parm that gets you? Do you have the same issue with veal parm? Eggplant? Just curious.

Really? Huh.. the most famous dish coming out of Arizona too.. too bad. :LOL:

What is it about chicken parm that gets you? Do you have the same issue with veal parm? Eggplant? Just curious.

It better not be! :ohmy: :LOL:

I don't like spaghetti sauce on chicken. Which is odd for as many different ways as I eat chicken wings. I'm sure I would love it on eggplant, as I really like sauce and cheese, just not on chicken. Veal might be OK, but I've never tried veal parm.

Yer gonna have a rough week next week... :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the answer. I was wondering if it was a cheese and chicken thing, since I have know a couple people that did not like cheese with chicken.

Oh no, cheese goes with EVERYTHING! lol
How else could I make my garlic parm wings?

It's the chicken/sauce thing. The sauce just seems to lay there. It doesn't combine with the chicken and IMHO it just doesn't go with chicken. I'm a big fan of everything that goes into chicken parm, just not the finished product.

pacanis said:
Oh no, cheese goes with EVERYTHING! lol
How else could I make my garlic parm wings?

It's the chicken/sauce thing. The sauce just seems to lay there. It doesn't combine with the chicken and IMHO it just doesn't go with chicken. I'm a big fan of everything that goes into chicken parm, just not the finished product.

I too don't think red sauce goes with chicken , though I will eat it. It's just not my favorite way to eat chicken, but then I am also not a fan of BBQ sauce on chicken, not even wings ;-) hmmm! will cook it for others :)

Hey! I like brussel sprouts. But don't put okra on my plate please. No mint is allowed, or anything alive. Not crazy about octopus. Keep your mint leaves to yourselves. Baloot isn't even allowed in my neighborhood, let alone on my plate, thank you. Don't want any cheese with maggots crawling through it either. As far as I know, that's about it.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Sardinian cheese. It's apparently illegal. The maggots try to jump out of the cheese to eat the eater's eyes. If they aren't alive, the cheese is no good. Google maggot cheese. Fascinating stuff! ( and it's not gonna be on my menu at any time)

vitauta said:
hmmm, interesting. i just watched the gordon ramsay video on the sardinian cheese. i would like to taste this cheese one day....

Just wear your goggles.

Seafood or fish of any kind. I can't stand the smell of it, and I don't know how anyone could smell it and still eat it. Don't tell me that the very fresh stuff has no smell because it does, just much more mild, my sister lives on the coast of Maine and gets seafood right off the boat, literally.

Cilantro, it tastes like soap to me, it's a flavor that I can detect right off. I am becoming a bit more tolerant to it, but am not crazy about how "trendy" it is. The last time I went to Cheesecake Factory, it was sprinkled on all 3 appetizers, even though it wasn't listed in the description.

Organ meats. I liked liver as a child especially venison liver, but even the smell turns me green as an adult. Not crazy over wild game.

You're unlikely to find octopus on my plate, unless someone else puts it there. I'll eat it, but won't take it willingly. Just doesn't do it for me. But I really don't think there's anything in the way of food that I absolutely won't eat. I may eat it to be polite or because that's all there is, but I'll eat it. Oh, yeah. I won't eat one of those fried whole onion "flowers," even to be polite. Too greasy. Otherwise, I take the attitude that it hasn't killed the locals and probably won't kill me. I'm far more leery of badly done food than any particular food.

On My Plate...

Okra. Yuck! I don't even like it fried (and I could eat a fried almost-anything) or smothered in tomatoes. :sleep:

You're unlikely to find octopus on my plate, unless someone else puts it there. I'll eat it, but won't take it willingly. Just doesn't do it for me. But I really don't think there's anything in the way of food that I absolutely won't eat. I may eat it to be polite or because that's all there is, but I'll eat it. Oh, yeah. I won't eat one of those fried whole onion "flowers," even to be polite. Too greasy. Otherwise, I take the attitude that it hasn't killed the locals and probably won't kill me. I'm far more leery of badly done food than any particular food.

very well said, glc. i wholeheartedly agree with the "food done badly" part....:)

I don't think I'm related to most of you because I've never met a veggie that I do not like. I also like liver, seafood, and most fishes. As GLC said, I won't like anything that isn't well-prepared. Also, textures are very important to me. Sometimes, the dish will taste fine, but I cannot tolerate the texture. Warm mayo-based salad comes to mind as does boiled ham. Boingy or bloody chicken on my plate? Game over. I'll lose my appetite.

While I like to try different things, and like to believe I am fairly adventurous, I know I won't be trying some of the things mentioned like the maggoty cheese and the buloot. I simply cannot get my head around it. I also do not want food that is fighting back. For example, I love octopus, but I saw a vid posted here where it was struggling to crawl out of the bowl and slapped the diner with its tentacles as it was being eaten. I'll pass, thanks. I just don't have enough backbone. :ermm:

Last edited:
Here is what Kathleen doesn't want to see on her plate. Eggs, bacon, pancakes with fruit topping, sausage and potatoes... all touching. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom