What foods you don't ever want to see on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a good thing that this thread is not "what vegetable would you not want to see on your plate". There is not a vegetable that I can name that I do not like. I LOVE EM!

I like almost all vegetables. The only vegetable I really dislike is cauliflower. I love broccoli which looks like the same thing except green, but for me broccoli has taste and cauliflower does not.

ugh... lima beans, liver, cauliflower, fur, hair or feathers of any kind for any reason, pigs feet, organ meats, and anything same-species. Hi, I'm Mellie by the way. I'm new.

I like almost all vegetables. The only vegetable I really dislike is cauliflower. I love broccoli which looks like the same thing except green, but for me broccoli has taste and cauliflower does not.

I feel an instant rapport with you, Greg. There aren't too many of us cauliflower haters around here.

I bet I hate it more than you do...:LOL:

Not possible.

When I become King of the World, I am going to ban cauliflower from Earth. I will have scientists alter cauliflower DNA so it can never be reproduced again. I will purge all references to cauliflower everywhere and eradicate all cauliflower recipes. People will not be allowed to speak the word aloud for fear of the punishment that awaits them.

My dream is a cauliflower-free world where children can grow up knowing colorful vegetables that actually have a taste of their own.

I used to go to bed without any dinner, because cauliflower was served. If I wouldn't eat it, I couldn't have anything. Unfortunately, Mom realized I would happily do without, so she changed the rules.

Not possible.

When I become King of the World, I am going to ban cauliflower from Earth. I will have scientists alter cauliflower DNA so it can never be reproduced again. I will purge all references to cauliflower everywhere and eradicate all cauliflower recipes. People will not be allowed to speak the word aloud for fear of the punishment that awaits them.

My dream is a cauliflower-free world where children can grow up knowing colorful vegetables that actually have a taste of their own.

Does that mean I can't overcook it and then mash it like potatoes with loads of butter? Or cover it with loads of cheese? Or do any of those other nasty things folks do to hide the taste of it?
I say "Onward your Majesty, Onward!!! :ohmy:

Quit hating on the cauliflower! I love the stuff! Raw, cooked... whatever. :yum: The only way I didn't care for it was roasted. To me it just tastes like cauliflower that's burnt around the edges.

I feel an instant rapport with you, Greg. There aren't too many of us cauliflower haters around here.

I don't understand what there's to like about cauliflower. It looks about the same as broccoli (which tastes good) but cauliflower has no taste I can discern. I don't want to eat some white thing with no taste. Or maybe there's a taste that I'm genetically not able to sense. I don't understand why people want to eat this bland, colorless, tasteless vegetable.

It doesn't taste bad to me. It's just got no taste at all for me.

I find it has a taste that's vaguely broccoli-like, except milder. It's always been one of my favorites, even when I was a kid. My mom used to make it in a bechamel sauce with nutmeg. I would practically knock my little brother out of his chair to get to it.

Ok, truth be told, I really didn't need much of a reason to knock my little brother out of his chair. :LOL:

I don't understand what there's to like about cauliflower. It looks about the same as broccoli (which tastes good) but cauliflower has no taste I can discern. I don't want to eat some white thing with no taste. Or maybe there's a taste that I'm genetically not able to sense. I don't understand why people want to eat this bland, colorless, tasteless vegetable.

It doesn't taste bad to me. It's just got no taste at all for me.
Raw, it has lots of flavor when eaten with a mild ranch dip. Steamed, the flavor is a bit less, but still there. Pickled, it's crunchy and a great snack.

Can anyone think of any othe white veggie that is naturally white? White is not a color. It is not even in the rainbow. Mother Nature made a mistake when she created cauliflower. White apasergus, white endives are veggies that we have messed with. White does nothing to add to the apperance on the plate. Even white sauce has specks of pepper in it. :(

Can anyone think of any othe white veggie that is naturally white? White is not a color. It is not even in the rainbow. Mother Nature made a mistake when she created cauliflower. White apasergus, white endives are veggies that we have messed with. White does nothing to add to the apperance on the plate. Even white sauce has specks of pepper in it. :(

potato, parsnip

potato, parsnip
Potatoes come in differnt color. Yukon Gold, purple ones. And parsnips are an off white. more toward cream colored. And they both have a distinct taste. Parsnips are very sweet. Cauliflower has nothing to recommend it. No color or taste. The purple caulflower is ornamental only.

Back
Top Bottom