What foods you don't ever want to see on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OH, BTW I use mostly Velveeta in my Mac & Cheese. The few times I made it with individual cheeses it didn't go over as well. My EE husband had a job interview with Kraft in Illinois and got a tour of the processing machines. He saw Velveeta and Cheese Whiz boxes as far as the eye could see. The HR guy told him the products came about as a way to use the end pieces of Swiss, Cheddar etc. that weren't standard size. So, technically it is "real" cheese.

OH, BTW I use mostly Velveeta in my Mac & Cheese. The few times I made it with individual cheeses it didn't go over as well. My EE husband had a job interview with Kraft in Illinois and got a tour of the processing machines. He saw Velveeta and Cheese Whiz boxes as far as the eye could see. The HR guy told him the products came about as a way to use the end pieces of Swiss, Cheddar etc. that weren't standard size. So, technically it is "real" cheese.

That was originally true. I remember reading the cheeses listed in the ingredient listing on the box, and recreating the product at home, just to see if I could do it. Read the ingredient listing now. Cheese is not in the list. It doesn't taste the same as it did when I was in my twenties either.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

That was originally true. I remember reading the cheeses listed in the ingredient listing on the box, and recreating the product at home, just to see if I could do it. Read the ingredient listing now. Cheese is not in the list. It doesn't taste the same as it did when I was in my twenties either.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I never by any product that says 'cheese product', 'processed cheese', 'cheese food' or anything that doesn't say "Cheese." Just Cheese!! And my favorite cheese has to come from Cabot's in Vermont. I have been fortunate enough to get my hands on their Reserved Extra Sharp Cheese. It is hard to find. :chef:

I never by any product that says 'cheese product', 'processed cheese', 'cheese food' or anything that doesn't say "Cheese." Just Cheese!! And my favorite cheese has to come from Cabot's in Vermont. I have been fortunate enough to get my hands on their Reserved Extra Sharp Cheese. It is hard to find. :chef:

The whole foods type store here gets the Cabot's Reserved Extra Sharp in a "snack pack." I take that to work with me! Yum!!! I let it warm up before eating it.

The whole foods type store here gets the Cabot's Reserved Extra Sharp in a "snack pack." I take that to work with me! Yum!!! I let it warm up before eating it.

Anytime I see a cheese that says "Reserved" I snatch it right up. It is always so creamy, regardless of how sharp it may be and melts right in your mouth. :chef:

Cool Addie, thanks for the description...I'm going to try this.

I put the flour mixture in a ziplock or small brown bag, place a few rings in it and shake before frying them. And do't forget to separate the rings. Sounds like you would know that. But I had one person who didn't and couldn't understand why they didn't come out like mine. I rolled my eyes so hard, I thought they were going to stay up in my head! :ohmy:

I put the flour mixture in a ziplock or small brown bag, place a few rings in it and shake before frying them. And do't forget to separate the rings. Sounds like you would know that. But I had one person who didn't and couldn't understand why they didn't come out like mine. I rolled my eyes so hard, I thought they were going to stay up in my head! :ohmy:

Some people don't think things through...:)

"Reserved" if there is not enough of it to release to the public, it is saved for their special customers. Or it is sold in smaller pieces like the snack pack. Sometimes there is so little of it, only the employees can buy it. It is never released to the public. I never ate so well as when my youngest son lived adn worked in Vermont. Reserved cheese, maple syrup right after it had been bottled. fresh eggs the day they were laid. Now he only works up there one weekend per dien per month and doesn't have the time to collect all the good stuff for me. :(:(:(

Then it wouldn't really help to call mountain oysters by their other name... swinging beef.

What would my 4-H kids think if they were a part of this conversation?

Well it has taken me all this time to get to the last post. I am going back to bed. :chef:

Well, Yankee Doodle stuck a feather in his hat and called it macaroni, so I don't see why I can't make shrimp scampi and call it mac 'n cheese. ;) (I was just kidding.) :)

In the time period of Yankee Doodle, macaroni was the title given to a "dandy" like Yankee Doodle Dandy. Feathers were often worn as a symbol of the prestigous elite.

Maybe if you stuck a feather in your shrimp scampi, you could call it macaroni.:LOL:

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom