What foods you don't ever want to see on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy fractal!!! That looks so fractal I wonder if it's even real or some computer generated or artist generated illustration.

I usually edit pictures out of my quotes... but this one bears repeating. That can't be real!

Fractal. That's the word. I couldn't think of it. Very nifty.

Holy fractal!!! That looks so fractal I wonder if it's even real or some computer generated or artist generated illustration.

I usually edit pictures out of my quotes... but this one bears repeating. That can't be real!

I told you it was hideous..lol.

I think our food preferences and proscriptions are cultural. People from India don't eat beef...
This is a bit of a misconception. It's true that some Hindu sects don't eat beef. But some do - primarily those in the southern part of the country. Some Indians are also vegetarian and don't eat any meat for that reason. And it should be noted there are also quite a few Christians in India, who have no qualms at all about eating beef... or pork, for that matter. Pork Vindaloo is a popular dish in the Goa region.

Sorry, I had to bring this up because I was once chastised by a co-worker who immigrated here from India. I said the same thing to him, and then he proceeded to take me out to lunch at his favorite burger joint. :LOL:

Yes, it is butt ugly!!:ohmy: Looks like a Christmas tree that has gone amok on steroids. I'd be afraid to even bring it into my home for fear that it would attack me. :ohmy::ohmy:

IMHO God or Mother Nature did a fine job!

It looks much more interesting than a potato or a turnip! :LOL:

I think Mother Nature's hormones ran amok when she made that. Perhaps she did it when she was going through the change. She must have been having one of her hot flashes. :ohmy::ROFLMAO:

Here's a photo of a head of Broccoflower:

Attachments

• broccoflower.jpg
    broccoflower.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 159
THATS IT!!!!! It'n it ugly???!

I first saw Romanesco in Tacoma, Wa., while visiting my family out there. Sprout was showing me a couple of great places to purchase fresh veggies. She pointed the Romanesco out to me as an interesting looking veggie. I had to have some, so we bought a head of it. We loved it. If I recall, it tastes similar to cauliflower. I also love both cauliflower, and broccoli. I've never had broccolini and so can't comment on it.

Just last week, I made a bisque from broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, leeks, creamed corn, and a touch of pepperoni used as a seasoning. It came out yummy, and not like anything I would have expected. It came out so creamy and light, and with such a fresh flavor, it would make a great appetizer.

Don't ask me how I came up with the recipe, because I haven't a clue where they come from. Ingredients just seem to pop into my head that I think will go well together, and then I can imagine the flavor of them, as if I'd had it before.

Anyway, another thing I don't want to see on my plate, is any member of the mint family, either as a flavoring, or candy, or leafy substance, except for basil and oregano. I love those two. You can keep horehound and black licorice as well. But anise and molasses are used in my cooking.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited by a moderator:
Chief Longwind Of The North said:
Just last week, I made a bisque from broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, leeks, creamed corn, and a touch of pepperoni used as a seasoning. It came out yummy, and not like anything I would have expected. It came out so creamy and light, and with such a fresh flavor, it would make a great appetizer.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chief, a great idea! I made a nice soup from my roasted cauli, garlic, onions, and carrots. DH tasted it and proclaimed, " It needs something.". He couldn't tell me what. I thought it was fine. But will add some corn and some turkey pepperoni. If he doesn't like it after that, tough noogies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are yall kidding me??! lol I mean look at all the little bumps on it...and, it just looks sooo weird. 0h well, guess i shouldnt judge a book by its cover.... lol...beauty "is" in the eye of the beholder.... and yall are blind!!!!!!LoLoLoL

Yes, it is butt ugly!!:ohmy: Looks like a Christmas tree that has gone amok on steroids. I'd be afraid to even bring it into my home for fear that it would attack me. :ohmy::ohmy:

Thk you.. i knew i couldnt be the only person who thought it was ugly... lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom