What goes best with chocolate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what goes best with chocolate?

• nothing, it's best straight up

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • something crispy like cookie or rice krispie

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • fruit (orange, cherry, etc)

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • mint

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • chile

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nuts

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
There's an Italian wine called Bracchetto d'Acqui that I think goes fantastic with chocolate. It's a red sparkling wine, just a little on the sweet side. Great stuff!

Red wine. ;)

In that case:

Chocolate – Red Wine Bundt Cake

Ingredients

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch process)
1¼ teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1¾ cups sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1¼ cups dry red wine
Confectioner's sugar, for dusting
Directions

Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan. In a bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
In a large bowl, beat the butter with the sugar at medium-high speed until fluffy, 4 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until incorporated. Add the vanilla and beat for 2 minutes longer. Working in two batches, alternately fold in the dry ingredients and the wine, until just incorporated.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a rack; let cool completely. Dust the cake with confectioner's sugar and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.

That was my first thought.:LOL:

I would have to say my favorite chewable combination would be chocolate and peanut combination. Peanut butter cups, chocolate and peanut butter bars, balls, squares, pie, and any other way you can get it into me.

Hubby gets a big spoonful of peanut butter and a chocolate bar and scoops up the peanut butter with the pieces of chocolate.

I think that the very best thing to have with chocolate is someone to share it with, especially someone who is special to you.

After that, my favorite thing to have with chocolate is a warm, quiet place, where there are no distractions, so I can put a piece of premium chocolate between my cheek and gum, usually on the right side, and let it slowly melt, while I make it wash over every part of my tongue. That way, I can savor every aspect of it, the texture, all of the flavor components, the aroma as it goes into the sinuses, everything. And I have to consciously savor it, and concentrate on it only. And every once in a while, during this experience, I have to bite a piece of tempered chocolate, to feel that snap that defines great chocolate. This means, of course, that I have more than one small piece of great chocolate. Oh, and this works with lesser chocolates as well (not the really cheap ones you get at Easter time though. You just avoid those altogether. They give chocolate a bad name.:ohmy:)

If I'm going to have fruit with chocolate, it has to be in the form of a fruit filling, or jam, or preserve. And for me, chocolate and cheesecake don't mix. I love them both, just not together.

And chocolate with pecans, or peanuts, or walnuts, or, or, or any kind of nuts. But I have to admit, I'm a sucker for chocolate and hazlenuts, as in Ritter Sport Dark, and we can't forget the Cadbury family of chocolate bars. I love every one of them, except the mint, and that's because I detest the flavor of mint.

After that, Chocolate goes great with so many other things, I couldn't put them all on one page.:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
OK well when I answered the first time there wasn't a poll or I didn't see it. For what flavors go with chocolate the best I vote cinnamon.

Back
Top Bottom