What Have You Learned From DiscussCooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't really say what I LEARNED the first time, but more What DC is for me.

I have learned
- that I owe Frank more cake than I could ever bake...or he could ever consume
- that competition can be fun when you do it to stretch your own skills rather than concentrate on the competing part.
- that it doesn't matter what your knowledge base is, you can always learn from others
- that I have three sisters I never knew I had in Montana, Alberta and South Carolina!
- that you can develop some pretty good friendships in a community like this where we all have at least one thing in common.
- that I really need to watch my spelling, proof my recipes and be careful which emoticons to use :LOL: (this is totally directed to me and no one else)
- How much the loss of a member either through passing or just them leaving can hurt
- That I can get kitchen tools in Star Trek shapes! :w00t2:
- That DC is an awesome place!

I don't exist Barbara, I'm just a figment of your imagination. In fact, you're dreaming right now and when I snap my fingers you'll wake up and realise your a chicken and start clucking profusely.
How funny! I used the chicken thing on middie the other day, but at Facebook and not here. :LOL:

I am aware that you are a figment of my imagination, as only North American DC members are real. :angel::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Barbara, did you see this one in mine?
I have learned
- that I owe Frank more cake than I could ever bake...or he could ever consume
- that competition can be fun when you do it to stretch your own skills rather than concentrate on the competing part.
- that it doesn't matter what your knowledge base is, you can always learn from others
- that I have three sisters I never knew I had in Montana, Alberta and South Carolina!
- that you can develop some pretty good friendships in a community like this where we all have at least one thing in common.
- that I really need to watch my spelling, proof my recipes and be careful which emoticons to use :LOL: (this is totally directed to me and no one else)
- How much the loss of a member either through passing or just them leaving can hurt
- That I can get kitchen tools in Star Trek shapes! :w00t2:
- That DC is an awesome place!

I have learned in the Discuss Cooking Forum that our members have 1,825 ways to cook Turkey & Stuffing (tsk tsk)...all of which sound delicious! :yum:

Last edited:
I learned that people will send you their desk if they think you will put a very special cookie on it and send it back.
I learned that you can rock a rooster to sleep.
I learned that after losing someone very close to you there are others here to comfort you and talk about tea when needed. ;)
I learned how to smoke meats on my gas grill, and I learned that some people would never smoke meat on a gas grill.
I learned that I like the way PF thinks.
I learned that I really missed BT when he was gone.
I learned that Timothy had a heart of gold and wish I would have met him in person.
I learned that there are lots of folks out there with a passion for cooking and baking like me.

You wish! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: (We are all young at heart, so we can throw the numbers out!).

I'm not throwing any numbers out, I earned them all.:rolleyes:

Thanks, Chopper!

Thanks to DC, I have learned how to create an unusual Entree for the next Golden Chef Challenge.

I'm not throwing any numbers out, I earned them all.:rolleyes:

Thanks, Chopper!

Thanks to DC, I have learned how to create an unusual Entree for the next Golden Chef Challenge.
Actually I agree! Most people think I am younger than I am, and I would rather they think I'm a young looking (almost) 55 year old than an old looking 29 year old! :LOL:

I have learned that the more I learn, the more there is to learn about.
Without a doubt, this is the most active, friendliest, most educational, and best run forum/discussion board I have ever had the privilege to participate in.

Actually I agree! Most people think I am younger than I am, and I would rather they think I'm a young looking (almost) 55 year old than an old looking 29 year old! :LOL:

Funny - you don't look any particular age to me....

Are you the cat or the fly? ;)

barb.jpg

I'm new but everyone seems friendly and their is definitely more than 1 way to cook the same thing. :)

Hoot said:
I have learned that the more I learn, the more there is to learn about.
Without a doubt, this is the most active, friendliest, most educational, and best run forum/discussion board I have ever had the privilege to participate in.

+1

chopper said:

+2

And that Chopper, Taxlady, and I all like to use the +1 when we agree with a post!

I also learned how to work with a forum, made so many mistakes when I first joined (blush).

I have to agree with all of the above.

Last edited:
I've hardly gotten here, but have already learned a whole bunch of Good Stuff.
I am slightly dyslexic, and it took me several hours of research to discover that this forum has nothing on how to cook a discus (the fish, of course, not the sports thingy).
I have learned never to leave my dog alone with the computer when I have an unmailed post on it.
The Kid and I have discussed the possibility that the concept of Good Food Well Cooked and the practice of that concept are akin to a religion. If so, it's nice to learn that there are other worshipers at the alter:)
And as an aside, my burly, federal law enforcement son, who is putting up The Kid and who loves to shoot both pool and his trusty Sig Sauer, was discussing with me this evening the fact that the nutritional advantage of whole grain flour is mechanical rather than chemical. I wonder where he came across that? ;)
I have been a member of internet forums since there were internet forums, on Sonoran desert wildlife, British C19 military uniforms, raising mantids and a whole lot more, and I am here to say that I have learned that the members of this forum are the nicest, most supportive bunch that I have ever come across. What is that, some kind of administrative mind control?
Cheers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom