What I learned today:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had severe vertigo in Costco...I was walking by the books fast and reading titles/authors as I walked by. Almost knocked on my butt! I realized it happens when I walk and try to focus on peripheral things going by. It never bothers me in the car.

Take care Addie!:angel:
Phew!

I had severe vertigo in Costco...I was walking by the books fast and reading titles/authors as I walked by. Almost knocked on my butt! I realized it happens when I walk and try to focus on peripheral things going by. It never bothers me in the car.

Take care Addie!:angel:

At least you know what kicks it off. I now know that one of the main things is the florescent lights. Spike said that all florescent light bulbs flicker so fast most are unable to detect it. That is one reason why they start to flicker as they are on their last leg. When silent movies first came out, they played havoc on some of the folks. They would leave the theater with throbbing headaches and very dizzy. The same effect as the florescent bulbs. That flickering on the screen. There is a certain level of flickering that affects the individual brain. Strobe lights in nightclubs have the same effect. When I look back over the years and recall all the times I had an episode, even in an office, it was the flickering of the lights. But I also know I can not stand still and look way at the top of very tall buildings. Nor can I watch the bow of a ship or boat cutting through the water on TV. That has to do with motion sickness. I can NEVER turn around fast. On that one I fall right down. I have learned to automatically put my head down when I turn. Even to go around a corner. Strange what the brain will accept or reject and send us reeling. :angel:

Florescent lights flicker at 60 Hertz, or to times per second, the same frequency as household AC current in the U.S. It flickers with each polarity change in the AC current. And yes, it is just slow enoough to have an effect on the body, but too fast to easily see, though if you watch closely, you can see it. You can even create unique visual effects with it.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Florescent lights flicker at 60 Hertz, or to times per second, the same frequency as household AC current in the U.S. It flickers with each polarity change in the AC current. And yes, it is just slow enoough to have an effect on the body, but too fast to easily see, though if you watch closely, you can see it. You can even create unique visual effects with it.
Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I have no idea what the arithmetic is, all I know is that they make me very sick and dizzy. :angel:

Decided to resurrect this old thread because it seemed to be the best place to share this chart. It was on Facebook.

Attachments

• chiles - names of fresh and dried.jpg
    chiles - names of fresh and dried.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 137
i learned to make sure you opened the shaker side of red pepper flakes not the pour, before adding to recipe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom