"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 06-28-2013, 12:55 AM   #191
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Cardiologist says I HAVE to start 30 min aerobics a day...I asked her if that was on top of the hour I did a day along with weights every other day. Thus we began looking into the medications I am taking and why I'm gaining weight. And my chest x-ray turned out fine...good thing Ii took the uranium out of my pocket...
Oh dear, hope they can get it right, PF! Good idea to ditch the uranium.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:13 AM   #192
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
A couple of times I have had to go for certain tests for my thyroid. They use some kind of uranium or other nuclear medicine to make the thyroid show up clearer. It takes a while before this stuff leaves your body. In today's world, I would hate to have to fly out the next day. I would certainly be considered a terrorist.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:07 AM   #193
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Cardiologist says I HAVE to start 30 min aerobics a day...I asked her if that was on top of the hour I did a day along with weights every other day. Thus we began looking into the medications I am taking and why I'm gaining weight. And my chest x-ray turned out fine...good thing I took the uranium out of my pocket...
I went Wednesday for my monthly check on my vitals. All was well. But this past month I have been eating like a horse. Sometimes three meals in one day. Something I never do. I thought for sure I was going to show at least a five pound weight gain. Much to my surprise I had lost one pound in a month. I don't lose weight that easily. If I go down below 139#s then I will start to worry.

Sure I would love to get down to my pre childbirth weight. But that was in the late 50's. One can dream. The least I have ever weighed as an adult is 84 pounds. That was after my second child was born. I was very, very sick. Sick enough that my mother had to take my two children as I couldn't even get out of bed. But my normal weight at that time was 101 Pounds. A size one for dress size. The most I have ever weighed is 180 pounds. A size 18 dress size. That was after baby #3. I hate to think of what I must have looked like. A little barrel rolling along.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #194
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Yeah, the tech was nice, I wouldn't have wanted to fog his plates...

Today's heart rate before meds 82/bpm...that shows promise. Course I just woke up and I'm sitting here...still too high for at rest.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #195
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Yeah, the tech was nice, I wouldn't have wanted to fog his plates...

Today's heart rate before meds 82/bpm...that shows promise. Course I just woke up and I'm sitting here...still too high for at rest.
I would love to have your problem for just one day. My BP is always too low along with my heart rate. Wednesday my BP was 101/45. My pulse was 55.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #196
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I would love to have your problem for just one day. My BP is always too low along with my heart rate. Wednesday my BP was 101/45. My pulse was 55.
No you wouldn't, running high makes me jittery and anxious...ALL THE TIME...I have to knock myself out to get any sleep and I do not ever relax. You would think all that nervous energy I would lose weight, nope...I am a great multi-tasker!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #197
Executive Chef

I actually learned this yesterday...

I learned that it pays to look out in your rearview mirror.
I was stopped at a stop light when a woman in a minivan was approaching from behind at a high rate of speed. I honked and was able to work my way into the other lane because another person was also paying attention and let me move over. The person in front of me saw things going on and moved to the right of the road. Well, I thought that the minivan may have been having car trouble, but when I glanced again, I realized that she was on the phone. By this time several people were honking, and she slammed on the brakes, slid sideways, and almost hit the next car up, but the light changed, and he was able to move up. This all happened really fast, and should have been a really bad accident. Watch out for the stupid people! It was a good thing that I was paying attention as well as the other folks.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #198
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post

I learned that it pays to look out in your rearview mirror.
I was stopped at a stop light when a woman in a minivan was approaching from behind at a high rate of speed. I honked and was able to work my way into the other lane because another person was also paying attention and let me move over. The person in front of me saw things going on and moved to the right of the road. Well, I thought that the minivan may have been having car trouble, but when I glanced again, I realized that she was on the phone. By this time several people were honking, and she slammed on the brakes, slid sideways, and almost hit the next car up, but the light changed, and he was able to move up. This all happened really fast, and should have been a really bad accident. Watch out for the stupid people! It was a good thing that I was paying attention as well as the other folks.
Wow! Scary! I am pleased and boggled that several people were alert and reacted well.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #199
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Wow! Scary! I am pleased and boggled that several people were alert and reacted well.
Me too. I thank God that I looked up when I did, and didn't freeze, but actually had the wits about me to do something.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:06 AM   #200
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post

I learned that it pays to look out in your rearview mirror.....
It never hurts to be a defensive driver! Glad you, and those around you, made it through without anything other than a few skipped heartbeats. I hope of of you got her plate number and called into the police to alert them to someone Driving While Stupid.

My scariest time driving was heading south through FL, going on vacation with my parents back in the 1970s. Himself and I were taking them along on a visit to his folks since my parents had never been to FL. A driver got on I-95 northbound in the southbound lanes. I managed to move to the berm just before a bridge - this was when there was no breakdown lane on bridges. My Mom turned to watch three more cars behind me all move out of the way, losing sight of the idiot driver. Then she applauded me. Funny because she had just been a tad critical about my driving!