"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 04-04-2013, 01:37 AM   #21
Master Chef

Dawgluver, I've decided there is nothing more alluring to the male nose than food-scented woman. I keep telling my DH I have to come up with kielbasa-scented cologne.

chopper, I have those memory issues too. I have a little basket on my windowsill now that holds about 10-15 of those gloves - right within sight and reach!

Fiona, funny you should suggest that! I just picked up a bottle a couple weeks ago when I saw it at the store. Just waiting to finish up the last of a Bath & Body Works tangerine kitchen soap. I don't use the soap up too quickly in the kitchen because I usually grab the dish soap instead when I have greasy or stinky hands - I keep the dish soap in an old pump soap bottle, too, for quick access. Now I'll have to test-wash my hands with the Softsoap after working with my stinky foods.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #22
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Dawgluver, I've decided there is nothing more alluring to the male nose than food-scented woman. I keep telling my DH I have to come up with kielbasa-scented cologne.

chopper, I have those memory issues too. I have a little basket on my windowsill now that holds about 10-15 of those gloves - right within sight and reach!

Fiona, funny you should suggest that! I just picked up a bottle a couple weeks ago when I saw it at the store. Just waiting to finish up the last of a Bath & Body Works tangerine kitchen soap. I don't use the soap up too quickly in the kitchen because I usually grab the dish soap instead when I have greasy or stinky hands - I keep the dish soap in an old pump soap bottle, too, for quick access. Now I'll have to test-wash my hands with the Softsoap after working with my stinky foods.

I hope it works for you. Onion is the only food smell I cannot stand having on my hands. And that stale dishcloth smell...urk!

Old 04-11-2013, 03:49 AM   #23
Senior Cook

I learned that ham gravy and red eye gravy are two very different things.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

I learned not to hold onto my nightstand when I am reaching for something. My furniture is on wheels so I can move it with ease when I am cleaning.

I was laying on my side. I put one hand on the side of the stand, and went to reach for my hairbrush. I ended up pushing the nightstand away and tumbled off the bed and onto the floor. I caught the whole side of my neck on the corner. I look like someone tried to slit my throat. I also caught my arm and now the whole elbow area is black and blue.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #25
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I learned not to hold onto my nightstand when I am reaching for something. My furniture is on wheels so I can move it with ease when I am cleaning.

I was laying on my side. I put one hand on the side of the stand, and went to reach for my hairbrush. I ended up pushing the nightstand away and tumbled off the bed and onto the floor. I caught the whole side of my neck on the corner. I look like someone tried to slit my throat. I also caught my arm and now the whole elbow area is black and blue.
Need to go for x-rays, make sure you didn't break anything...
Old 04-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Need to go for x-rays, make sure you didn't break anything...
None of my bones hurt. And I do have an appointment tomorrow for my six month checkup with my doctor. All I have to do is just breath on my skin and it turns black and blue. I just gave the side of my neck a good scrape. And with my skin so fragile, it is a really good scrape. A little tender, but othewise all right. I put a very cold wet compress on it and it stopped the bleeding. I didn't even realize I was bleeding until my nightgown felt wet. I looked down and there was blood running down the side of my neck and chest. I looked in the mirror and looked like a murder victim.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #27
Master Chef

I learned that nothing good comes too easy. I was trying to tie a particular fishing fly pattern called The Super Yooper Streamer, created by a good friend of mine, an had a miserable time trying to palmer the feather, with polar chenile. When completed, my fly looked somewhat similar to my friend's elegantly tied fly, but very rough, and not as pretty. It will take some practice before I master this one, and it isn't nearly as complicated as some of the flies I've successfully tied.

Lesson again learned, perseverance and practice make perfect. I will master this fly.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #28
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Dawgluver, I've decided there is nothing more alluring to the male nose than food-scented woman. I keep telling my DH I have to come up with kielbasa-scented cologne...

I agree. A little pizza sauce rubbed behind the ears, and maybe onion rubbed behind the knew. Rub some fresh basil on the base of the neck. You'll draw every red-blooded male for 2 miles.

Better yet, a little liquid smoke and bbq pork rubbed on either elbow. Wasn't it Emeril that said, and I'm paraphrasing, "You can make a car bumper taste good with pork fat.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #29
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post

I agree. A little pizza sauce rubbed behind the ears, and maybe onion rubbed behind the knew. Rub some fresh basil on the base of the neck. You'll draw every red-blooded male for 2 miles.

Better yet, a little liquid smoke and bbq pork rubbed on either elbow. Wasn't it Emeril that said, and I'm paraphrasing, "You can make a car bumper taste good with pork fat.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Bacon grease: works like a charm!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #30
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairygirl69 View Post
Bacon grease: works like a charm!
LOL DH says Turkey Gravy or A-1 Sauce