What is Cool Whip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
foodaholic said:
Cool Whip is 1 molocule away from plastic.:LOL: I've eaten my share though.Drum roll............and the ingredients are:

Water, hydrogenated coconut and palm kernel oils, corn syrup, sugar, sodium caseinate, dextrose, polysorbate 60, natural and artificial flavors, sorbitan monostearate, xanthan gum and guar gum. Artificial color.

Yum.

:LOL: YUM! What about the chocolate and strawberry flavors? j/k

i hate cool whip... it tastes like pure chemicals to me, and people always try to feed it to me because i am allergic to dairy.... but cool whip is not dairy free (casein), plus the hydrogenated oils and corn syrup, no thanks!

HappyAvocado said:
i hate cool whip... it tastes like pure chemicals to me, and people always try to feed it to me because i am allergic to dairy.... but cool whip is not dairy free (casein), plus the hydrogenated oils and corn syrup, no thanks!

I agree. Cool Whip and canned frosting taste like a science experiment to me.

I did feed Cool Whip to a very dairy allergic friend (stupid me) without consequence. But they hated it anyway.

I'm from Australia as well, I was very curious about "Cool Whip" as well :) glad I saw the topic LOL

I found out what half and half was yesterday reading another post LOL

I refer to Cool Whip as "designer food". It's not a food. There is nothing to feed the cells. The body doesn't know how to process it because it is artificial. Stick to whip cream. Yes, it may be more fattening, but it is natural and the body knows how to metabolize it. For the lactose intolerant, I would suggest a digestive enzyme.

I too prefer the taste of real whipped cream although I buy Cool Whip. It has fewer calories by far than the real stuff but healthwise it is certainly no better for you. The lack of cholesterol and fat is offset by the fact that it contains palm oil and corn syrup. Six of one, half dozen of the other. Stick to real whipped cream but don't eat tons of it and you'll be okay. Everything in moderation. Who's the jerk that came up with THAT one??? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I tried Cool Whip when it first came out, you remember, way back before televisions had remote controls? It gave me this funny, tingly feeling in the back of my throat. I haven't used it since, not only becuase of that tingly feeling, but also because I am just as careful of what I put on the inside as I am the outside. Lactose intolerant? Take a Lact-Aid! It's better than slowly poisoning yourself. In too much of a hurry to make whipped cream? Real whipped cream also comes in a squirt can, with a choice of either light or heavy cream. To me, there is no acceptable excuse for using artificial whipped cream.

The same thing applies to cream in my coffee. I buy a box of UHT-processed half & half in 188 individual serving containers, which needs no refrigeration. While setting up for a meeting once, I opened a can of artificial creamer in a sparingly used conference room at work. It was full of ants, and they were all dead! I surmised that they starved to death inside the container from eating the artificial creamer, because not only is it full of chemicals, but it has no nutritional value.

Last edited:
I never buy cool whip, I just whip up my own in a cold stainless steel bowl using whipping cream, sugar & vanilla.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom