What is Taylor Ham?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buy it cin!! Chorizo Spam is far superior!! I've been using it since it recently came on the market. Great flavor, and consistent texture.
It sure makes killer Mexican breakfast burritos!

I haven't stopped to really look at all the new products Hormel has come out with in their Spam product. I am going to have to stop and take a closer look. The last time I bought Spam, it was the Lite Spam. (Low sodium) I usually buy the half size can. I was happy the first time I saw that. And it was in a much smaller size. One person doesn't need to eat a whole can. :angel:

Shoot, we had a coupon for two cans of Spam and I was planning on trying a different flavor, but I wasn't feeling well so DH did the shopping and just got the original. Maybe next time.

I am off to the Hormel site and get me a coupon or two. Thanks. :angel:

Hey GotGarlic,
Yesterday I saw chorizo spam.
:ohmy:
588401.gif
:wacko:

I haven't stopped to really look at all the new products Hormel has come out with in their Spam product. I am going to have to stop and take a closer look. The last time I bought Spam, it was the Lite Spam. (Low sodium) I usually buy the half size can. I was happy the first time I saw that. And it was in a much smaller size. One person doesn't need to eat a whole can. :angel:

Addie, I slice a whole can and wrap the slices in cling wrap, then put them in a baggie for the freezer. Very handy to have quickly available for one or two people.

When the WHO report came out, I did a lot of Google research. They didn't say it was the nitrates and/or the nitrites that are the cause of cancer in the processed meat, but it does seem likely. Well, not the nitrates and nitrites, but the nitrosamines that form from the nitrites. This article is the best explanation I have read. I have verified most of the facts in the article, since they didn't give sources. Nitrate-Free Bacon: Myth or Reality?

Back
Top Bottom