What is your favorite non expensive dish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cabbage and noodles!
it's so yummy and so easy to make.
you finely shred some cabbage with a knife, then slice up some onion, cook that down in a large skillet in at least 1 stick of (REAL!) butter, covered, and add cooked and drained wide egg noodles, plus lots and lots of black pepper and some salt, towards the end of cooking.

kielbasa and squash

Cut up some yellow squash and zuccini - saute
Cut up kielbasa - saute

mix together with a couple of spoonfuls of apricot jam and voila you have yummy happiness.

A breakfast I began eating in Antigua when I was 15 and LOVE ever since.

A sliced tomato sandwich on toasted bread with sliced avocado, a little bit of butter and yellow mustard. Optional is a side of cottage cheese with fresh mango.

not a lot of protein in this sandwich, but it's all about the taste.

Stuffed Cabbage??? How do you do that? Is it like cabbage rolls? PLease indulge me hear......

Sheppards Pie......

for breaky that I really enjoy is toast with Cheeze Whiz and Honey....

Always Hungry said:
A breakfast I began eating in Antigua when I was 15 and LOVE ever since.

A sliced tomato sandwich on toasted bread with sliced avocado, a little bit of butter and yellow mustard. Optional is a side of cottage cheese with fresh mango.

not a lot of protein in this sandwich, but it's all about the taste.

That sounds like a perfect snack!!!

tancowgirl2000 said:
Stuffed Cabbage??? How do you do that? Is it like cabbage rolls? PLease indulge me hear......

Sheppards Pie......

for breaky that I really enjoy is toast with Cheeze Whiz and Honey....

Stuffed cabbage, cabbage rolls, pigs in a blanket all mean the same.:chef:

Really?
To me, pigs in a blanket are little breakfast sausages, each rolled individually in a pancake and topped with maple syrup...talk about different words for different parts of the country!:LOL:

Pigs in a blanket to me are little cocktail weenies rolled dough and served at cocktail hours as a passed hor dourve (sp?) with mustard.

oh yes - the quickie is to do it with Hillshire Farms' "little smokies" and roll them up in Pillsbury crescent triangles. (great with a slice of avocado inside!) I guess those would be piggies too!

LOL what cute little piggies, but I think I will pass on eating them. I have a feeling that they may be a little tough to chew. :)

My most favorite inexpensive meal is Mac & Cheese. I also love to add mushroom soup and a can of mushrooms to it. Yummmmmmm

Cheap eats. Probably red bean soup and cornbread, southern comfort food. If am being lazy and cheap it would have to be pasta or rice and whatever I can find in the fridge.

I had black bean soup and rice last night, a bit of the best of both worlds.

bryan

The first time I heard of pigs in blankets was at an IHOP. They were pancakes wrapped around breakfast sausages.

I now hear the hot dog/crescent rool combo called that. I haven't seen sausages wrapped in pancakes for a while.

Either way, they don't come close to shepard's pie or cabbage rolls.

i grew up knowing them as two things. pigs in the blanket are cabbage rolls and also the little cocktail wieners in crescent roll dough. i love stuffed cabbage. mmmm....

Back
Top Bottom