What is your most favorite recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
luvs_food said:
kads, that sound absolutely delicious. i'm writing that down (the printer is of black ink, grrr), and if i can get to the store, i'll make it tomorrow.
Luv's it is good...Was talking about making it sunday and we are going to add some refried beans to the recipe and use pounded chicken instead of pork..for a change of pace...Hope you enjoy if you get a chance to make it:)
kadesma:)

I love this soup. It's fast and easy! I make it all the time. Hope you like it too.

Trish

Clam chowder

3 cans (10 oz) chopped clams
1/2 pound bacon
3 cups peeled and cubed small potatoes
1 1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp dried thyme, crushed
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup whole milk
2 cups 1/2 and 1/2 (not the fat free kind!!)
2 tablespoons flour

Drain clams. Save the juice and set aside.

In large pan cook the bacon till crisp. Remove 1/2 of the bacon grease.

In the same pan combine bacon drippings, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, clam juice (NOT THE CLAMS), potatoes, onions and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Wth the back of a fork mash potatoes slightly against the side of the pan. Combine milk, cream and flour till smooth. Add to potato mixture. Cook and stir till slightly thickened. Add the clams and bring back to a boil reduce heat to low and cook for 1 more minute.

I add a teaspoon or two of butter to each bowl of soup right before serving. It really adds to the creaminess.

ENJOY!
:):):chef:

PDS,

this looks wonderful..Have made a copy and am making some for dinner tonight:) Since it is rainy and cool this will be perfect...Thanks:)
kadesma

pdswife said:
That sounds good Icy. I'll have to think about the question for awhile before I can answer. I have so many recipes that I like.
Pds,
have the soup all made and ready for dinner...One problem, I HAVE TO SHARE IT:LOL: It is great...Thank you:)
Kadesma:)

kadesma said:
PDS,

this looks wonderful..Have made a copy and am making some for dinner tonight:) Since it is rainy and cool this will be perfect...Thanks:)
kadesma

I hope you like it! We sure do.

kadesma said:
Pds,
have the soup all made and ready for dinner...One problem, I HAVE TO SHARE IT:LOL: It is great...Thank you:)
Kadesma:)

LOL.. guess I should have read the whole page before responding to you....

I'm so glad that you like it.
My inlaws are coming this weekend and I'm
thinking of making some for them.

pdswife said:
LOL.. guess I should have read the whole page before responding to you....

I'm so glad that you like it.
My inlaws are coming this weekend and I'm
thinking of making some for them.
No problem, :LOL: I had two bowls and enjoyed every bite..I will make this often it was so good.
kadesma:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom