What is your most favorite recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IcyMist

Sous Chef
One of my most favorite recipes is called Forgotten Chicken. It is a very very simple recipe, but I think its yummy and a real time saver when you have other things you need to be doing. It is one of those recipes that you can change to your likes AND once you put it in the oven you can totally forget about it for 1 1/2 hours. Careful adding salt as the soups can make the soup salty enough for most people. :) :) :)

Forgotten Chicken​

1 cup uncooked rice​
1 can chicken broth
1/2 package of Lipton Soup dry mix
6 skinless chicken thighs (can use breast but thighs are best)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 small cans of sliced mushrooms

Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with canola oil, spread uncooked rice on bottom of pan. Mix canned soups and water, add salt and pepper to taste. Pour half of mixed canned soups over rice, let stand for 10 minutes, then add chicken and remainder of soups. Top with Lipton soup mix, cover with foil. Bake in 350 oven for 1 1/2 hours.

Last edited:
That sounds good Icy. I'll have to think about the question for awhile before I can answer. I have so many recipes that I like.

Chicken Enchiladas, fast and easy

1 lb. chicken - cooked how you like best and chopped ( I boil mine, it's faster)
10 oz. monterey jack cheese - shredded
1 cup miracle whip
1 tablespoon ground cumin (or to taste, start out less)
1/8 teaspoon red pepper (or to taste)
1 can enchilada sauce, green chili or the red
12 flour tortillas

preheat oven to 375.
mix together, miracle whip, cumin and red pepper to taste.
Mix with cooked, chopped chicken. Spread onto tortillas and roll up. Place in dish with the fold down. Pour enchilada sauce on top. Sprinkle the cheese over all the enchiladas.
Cook for about 15 - 20 minutes or until bubbly.

that would be my curried chicken salad w/ cucumbers. my family and i adore it.

Luvs you are suppose to supply the recipe. It is my sneaky way to get some good recipe ideas. :) :)

Bolognese Sauce

I have two. Here is the first one. I usually double, triple, or quadruple this recipe as it freezes well and is always in demand.

2 tablespoons evoo
1 small onion minced
1 carrot minced
1 celery stalk
¼ cup minced bacon
½ lb sausage
½ lb beef
¾ cup dry white wine
6 large tomatoes
1 cup stock
1 cup cream

Saute onion, celery, carrots and bacon with evoo till tender over med heat.

Add beef and sausage. Cook till no longer red. Add wine and raise heat a little bit. Cook off most of the liquid.

Add tomatoes and stock. Turn heat to low. After about an hour season with salt and pepper. Cook another hour till much of the liquid is gone.

Add cream and cook another 15 - 30 minutes.

Cbz

And here is my other one...

Chicken Broccoli Ziti

1 pound dry ziti pasta
2 tablespoons butter
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 pint heavy cream
1 (10.75 ounce) can chicken broth
1 cube chicken bouillon
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 large heads broccoli, steamed
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts - breaded and fried

1 In a large pot of salted boiling water, place pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until pasta is al dente. Drain.

2 In a large skillet, saute garlic in butter over medium heat. Stir in the heavy cream, chicken broth and bouillon. Add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Add cornstarch (adjust amount to thicken sauce to your liking). Simmer all together for about 20 minutes.

3 Once sauce is cooked and thickens, add broccoli, stir all together and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Once sauce is done, put cooked ziti pasta in a large bowl, pour sauce over pasta and toss to coat and mix. Then add the chicken pieces and mix all together.

I just had a big slab of watermelon but am getting hungry again just reading those yummy recipes.

Last edited:
Geez, there's so many. Some of my favorite things to make: chili, jambalaya, beef stroganoff, beef rouladene, cream of tomato/zucchini soup & prime rib. Um, and steaks.

I'll have to hunt up some recipes, but I don't have time to type them all in right now!:LOL:

Rob the cream of tomato/zucchini soup sounds very interesting. Even though I am its got to be chilly outside before I will eat soup people, I would love to have that recipe. Hint, hint, subtle hint. :)

This recipe, because it was one of the first that I ever wrote and it actually got published. The format is different from what I usually use because the recipe program that I had to use converted it.​

Sesame Crusted Mahi Mahi with Soy Shiso Ginger Butter Sauce
Mahi mahi fillets are encrusted with black and white sesame seeds, and pan seared. The sauce is rich and creamy, and flavored with soy, ginger, shallots, and shiso (a Japanese herb related to basil and mint).
Prep Time: approx. 20 Minutes.
Cook Time: approx. 15 Minutes.
Ready in: approx. 35 Minutes.
Makes 6 Servings (6 servings).

3 shallots, minced
2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled
and cut into small cubes
3 tablespoons soy sauce
6-8 shiso leaves
coarse kosher salt
ground white pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil
6 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
4 tablespoons sesame seeds
4 tablespoons black sesame seeds

Directions

1 In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine shallots, ginger, lemon juice, and white wine. Cook until liquid is reduced to approximately 2 tablespoons. Stir in heavy cream, and bring to light boil. Reduce cream by half; do not burn. Stir in soy sauce, then transfer to blender. Blend on low while slowly adding butter, a few cubes at a time, until all of the butter is emulsified. Roughly chop or tear shiso, add to sauce, and blend for about 10 more seconds. Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Keep sauce warm.
2 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
3 Heat oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Season both sides of the fillets with kosher salt and white pepper. Mix together white and black sesame seeds, and place in a plate or flat dish. Press the TOP side only of each fillet into the mixture, and press seeds into fish so it sticks. Make sure that the crusted sides are evenly crusted with the seeds. When oil is smoking, add fish, sesame seed side down to pan, and be careful of oilsplatters. Pan sear fish for about 30 to 45 seconds per side. Place pan into oven, or transfer fish to baking sheet, and cook in oven for about 5 to 6 minutes until finished. Serve immediately with the sauce.

Last edited:
Wow, ironchef, I wish I had that recipe last year. We went deep sea fishing and my bil caught a dolphin fish. We ended up frying it, it was good though. Lots of snapper too.

There are so many recipes, so little time. But my favorite is the classic garlic lemon roasted chicken. Take a lemon, pierce. Take an entire head of garlic, just break up (don't need to clean every clove). Stuff all in the cavity of a bird (half lemons in game hens, two in a turkey, one in a regular chicken). If the bird doesn't look moist (sometimes free range ones can be a bit lean), rub the bird with olive oil. S&P. Roast according to instructions in any cookbook. It is wonderful served with couscous and a cuke/yogurt salad. The garlic cloves should be retrieved as is and served next to a really great baguette. You'll get credit for a really exotic French North African kind of meal, when in reality it's easier than your average stuffed bird dinner.

This is one of my favorites. I have also halved the recipe using a 9x9 inch pan and had great results. The only ingredient I did not have was the cheese. The cheesier the better. :)

Garth’s Enchilada Casserole

2 lbs. ground beef
2 – 14 ½ oz. cans diced tomatoes
1 cup water
2 tablespoon chili powder
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 packages 6” corn tortillas (20)

Combine beef, tomatoes, water, chili powder, green pepper, and onion in large sauce pan. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Line a 13”x9”x2” pan with a third of the tortillas. Top with third of meat sauce and third of the cheese. Repeat layers, reserving the remaining third of the cheese. Bake covered in a 350º oven for 45 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of casserole.

Terriyaki Pork

For the terriyaki;

Equal Parts Soy Sauce (we like Kikkoman) and brown sugar
Garlic Salt to taste (we like a lot!)

We always always always use Boneless country style ribs, they have been the best for absorbing flavor. We try to marinate for about an hour in the fridge, and then grill on a charcoal fire.

Cook time is super quick, usually 2-3 mins or less per side, and they are so tasty!

A sunday favorite.

Pork Milanese
1/3-c a/p flour for dipping pork
2-lg.eggs, beaten, for dipping pork
1-1/2-c. plain bread crumbs
2/3-c.parmesan cheese, grated
2-tea. dried basil or marjoram...I use marjoram..mom used basil
1-tea.thyme
4- 8oz. pork loin chops...bout an inch thick
salt- to taste
freshly ground black pepper-to taste
2-3 tab. butter
1/3 c. veggie oil
1-lemon, cut in wedges
place flour in wide, shallow bowl. Place eggs in another...Mis bread crumbs, parmesan, marjoram or basil,and thyme in a third bowl.
pound the pork chops til about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle the chops with salt and pepper. Working with one chop at a time, dip first into flour and lightly coat then dip into the eggs, allow excess egg to drip off. then dip into the breadcrumb mixture. Lay on parchment paper or foil and press lightly to adhere the crumbs. Set the chops in a single layer on a baking sheet.. Line another baking sheet with a rack. Preheat a large heavy saute pan with the oil til
hot. I then add the butter, but lift the pan from the heat til it melts. Put back on heat and place two cutlets in the oil mixture and saute til golden brown. Transfer to the baking sheet with rack and keep warm in oven til all are cooked...
serve with lemon wedges...
Most of the time my kids will get a nice soft roll, put mayo on one side and smash avocado on the other, then put a slice of tomato, some sweet onion slices,lettuce and then the cutlet squeeze the lemon on, make a sammie and eat it...along with potato salad..
enjoy,:)
kadesma

kads, that sound absolutely delicious. i'm writing that down (the printer is of black ink, grrr), and if i can get to the store, i'll make it tomorrow.

TY all for the fantastic recipes. :) See I do have a brain, I am sneaky but have got some wonderful new recipes. :) :) :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom