"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 11-07-2010, 10:51 PM   #81
Assistant Cook

Not my recipe, but made it my own and mastered it completely!
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
Ingredients

**crust**
  • 2 cups crushed oreos
  • 1 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
**Cheesecake**
  • 2 cups white chocolate chips. (I prefer a good quality chocolate)
  • 1 jar seedless raspberry jam
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
  • 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened- full fat. dont skimp on this~
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 (10 ounce) package fresh raspberries for garnishing on top
  • white chocolate to create "curls" for decorating on top (optional)
Directions
  1. In a medium bowl, mix together cookie crumbs, 1 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
  2. Heat half jar of seedless rasp jam in bowl until liquid
  3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). In a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt white chocolate chips with half-andheat-half, stirring occasionally until smooth. *this will not be completely smooth... dont worry!
  4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese alone until fluffy & soft. Then add 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in vanilla and pour in the melted white chocolate.
  5. Pour half of this batter over crust. Spoon 5 tablespoons raspberry sauce over batter. Pour remaining cheesecake batter into pan, and again spoon raspberry sauce over the top. Swirl batter with the tip of a knife to create a marbled effect.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until filling is set... but a good 3 inches in middle should jiggle like jello blocks, but not like liquid. If no jiggle, you have over-cooked it.

Cool, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 8 hours before removing from pan. Serve with remaining raspberry sauce on top, fresh raspberries placed in each piece, and can use potato peeler to create curls of white chocolate on top!

here is the link to the original recipe, but you might notice I changed it above based on my own trials and other cook's comments on making this one. There are good pictures on here though of it!
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe - Allrecipes.com

angelfadedblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:02 PM   #82
Assistant Cook

omg, that seafood looks so good!

angelfadedblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:11 PM   #83
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfadedblue View Post
omg, that seafood looks so good!
I was going to say that about the cheesecake! Fantastic!
Old 11-09-2010, 10:56 AM   #84
Executive Chef

AndyM, you are du bom.
That item was used by my grandfather for his very delicious steak and brocolli that he used to simmer on the stove all day to prepare it for our dinner. It is wonderful stuff as I've bought it often but can't say I've even looked for it lately. I will be looking for it again, thanks for the link, I swear it was like $3 in the market when I did buy it. The photo brought it all back to me, thanks again.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #85
Senior Cook

Send a message via Skype™ to zfranca
I have two signature dishes.
1) Pizza, if I cook for my husband and me.
2) Lasagne alla bolognese, if I have guests.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pizza 022.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	8883   Click image for larger version

Name:	volume II 079.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	8884  

Old 11-09-2010, 12:23 PM   #86
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppi G. Koullias View Post
I don't think I have a "signature dish" at all. But I sure know how to make a cracking good traditional Kalymnian seafood meze.

Fried octopus, squids, schrimps, lobster tails, grilled fresh sardines and scrumptious homemade chips done in olive oil. All fresh out of the sea, bargained hard for at Pothia's fish market, taken home and cooked to perfection. And this is what I do the best as dear Mummy taught me.

By the way, I also make rag rugs (back of chair).

Can I have that please? For lunch. Today. Now.
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #87
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout View Post
Can I have that please? For lunch. Today. Now.
Me too, please
Old 11-09-2010, 12:32 PM   #88
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfadedblue View Post
Not my recipe, but made it my own and mastered it completely!
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
Ingredients

**crust**
  • 2 cups crushed oreos
  • 1 tablespoons white sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
**Cheesecake**
  • 2 cups white chocolate chips. (I prefer a good quality chocolate)
  • 1 jar seedless raspberry jam
  • 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
  • 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened- full fat. dont skimp on this~
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 (10 ounce) package fresh raspberries for garnishing on top
  • white chocolate to create "curls" for decorating on top (optional)
Directions
  1. In a medium bowl, mix together cookie crumbs, 1 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
  2. Heat half jar of seedless rasp jam in bowl until liquid
  3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). In a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt white chocolate chips with half-andheat-half, stirring occasionally until smooth. *this will not be completely smooth... dont worry!
  4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese alone until fluffy & soft. Then add 1/2 cup sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in vanilla and pour in the melted white chocolate.
  5. Pour half of this batter over crust. Spoon 5 tablespoons raspberry sauce over batter. Pour remaining cheesecake batter into pan, and again spoon raspberry sauce over the top. Swirl batter with the tip of a knife to create a marbled effect.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until filling is set... but a good 3 inches in middle should jiggle like jello blocks, but not like liquid. If no jiggle, you have over-cooked it.

Cool, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 8 hours before removing from pan. Serve with remaining raspberry sauce on top, fresh raspberries placed in each piece, and can use potato peeler to create curls of white chocolate on top!

here is the link to the original recipe, but you might notice I changed it above based on my own trials and other cook's comments on making this one. There are good pictures on here though of it!
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe - Allrecipes.com
thanks for the link too, looks great
Old 11-09-2010, 01:09 PM   #89
Sous Chef

I have 2. Sorry, I rarely measure, so the best I can give are estimates.

Browned butter and toasted garlic mashed potatoes:
After browning & straining unsalted butter, reheat until very hot (careful not to burn). Add fresh minced Garlic. If the butter is hot enough, it should almost instantly start to brown and should become light and crispy and take on a toasted flavor. If you don't mind the crispy bits, add with evaporated milk and a touch of salt to make mashed potatoes. Imo, the flavor is worth the bits. If you don't want the bits, strain first. The garlic flavor will be lighter, but still there. Finish by mixing in just a touch of plain yogurt right before serving. It should change the flavor, but not make the potatoes sour.

Sweet and spicy basil pasta:
Chiffonade 2 ample sprigs of fresh basil (more if sprigs are small). Add just enough evoo to 10-inch skillet to prevent sticking and sweat 1/2 small yellow onion, minced, with 1-3 small green chiles and seeds (depending on how spicy you like it). Add 1 12-oz can no salt added tomato paste, basil, and brown sugar and kosher salt to taste, should be quite sweet, but remember that it will sweeten mor as it cooks down. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently until sauce darkens and becomes very sticky. Be careful! It needs to remain uncovered to reduce, but the thickness can cause it to splatter & stick. I use a splatter screen, but the frequent stirring also helps. While sauce reduces, cook 1 13.25 oz box whole wheat spaghetti or linguine. (You may substitute white pasta if you'd like.) While sauce & pasta are cooking, sautee 1 lb lean, flavorful beaf, finely chopped, with kosher salt and fresh ground black& white pepper or McCormick's peppercorn medley. When pasta is finished, drain, but while still moist add directly to sauce and stir immediately. Noodles should be dressed, not drowned, and very sticky. Top with beef and serve immediately with freshly grated parmesan.
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #90
Chef Extraordinaire

oh my gosh that cheese cakes makes my mouth water. printed it and sounds like a winner for christmas.