"What To Cook Today?" - The Everyday Wonder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joansmith

Assistant Cook
Hello ladies and gentlemen!

Another day goes by and I'm sitting in front of the laptop, wonder what to cook again. And as I was watching what have left in the fridge I came up with an idea for something cool. I though I would share it with you and see what you think about it.

So, as I said as I was watching the half-empty (half-full) fridge I saw potatoes, olives, onion, tomatoes, sausages, eggs, milk and some cheese. Usually in this kind of a situation I just let my imagination come up with something or improvise and see what happens (not going to lie, sometimes I come up with awesome stuff - pretty much "dinner from almost thin air" :ROFLMAO: but other times I had to throw away whatever BS i have tried to make - not proud at all but it happens :LOL:)

And I dont know about you but those kind of situations are pretty often in my kitchen! :chef: And it makes me wonder - isnt there a better way to solve this "what to cook" every day situation. The idea just hit me!

I want something, probably a website or an app (let's face it, we all use our iphones or smartphones in general every where, everyday) that would let me enter the ingredients I have and come up with already tested recipes or ideas for eventual meat. I'm so NOT a coder (oh, boy, I know nothing about it) but I believe that will help me (and every single woman and man who cooks) decide what to make for breakfast, lunch or dinner on a daily basis.

What do you think? :chef::rolleyes:

...So, as I said as I was watching the half-empty (half-full) fridge I saw potatoes, olives, onion, tomatoes, sausages, eggs, milk and some cheese....

Welcome to DC, joan.

You could grill the sausage. Make scalloped potatoes with the milk, cheese, potato and onion. Add a tomato and olive salad. The dressing is up to you.

Andy that's a good idea. Actually cooking right now, but how about my suggestion at the end? What do you think about that ? :rolleyes:

Welcome to DC, joan.

You could grill the sausage. Make scalloped potatoes with the milk, cheese, potato and onion. Add a tomato and olive salad. The dressing is up to you.

I'm in the process of downloading an app right now that might be good. I will let you know.

The app is called "love your leftovers". It actually looks pretty good. You can put your leftovers in and get different recipes to choose from, or you can just browse their recipes. It may be what you are looking for. I think I will keep it and give it a try. It is for apple products.

Or, you could just start a thread when you are not sure what to make and several cooks will help you out. ;)

By the way, I would have probably made some sort of breakfast casserole or something with the things in your fridge today, but that's me. :yum::)

Andy that's a good idea. Actually cooking right now, but how about my suggestion at the end? What do you think about that ? :rolleyes:

That could be a big help to lots of beginner cooks or just people who are looking for something new. It doesn't have to be limited to a smartphone app.

Google does that. Do a search with a few ingredients as search terms and on the left side, ways to narrow down the results will appear, along with a list of recipes.

Back
Top Bottom