What to do with broth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schoolgirl

Senior Cook
I cooked a pork and beef roast together last night(my brother does this all the time).We both have a digital pressure cooker, so I cooked the pork on top and poured french onion soup and a pack of lipton secrets (onion) over it. The roast were really good and now I have quite a bit of broth. I hate to throw it out. I am making a hamburger,onion,potato stew, so I added about a 1/2 c. of it to this. Any ideas on what to do with the rest of it?:ermm::rolleyes:

put it in ice cube trays and freeze it. Then take them out and put them in a plastic bag. Whenever you want to add some broth, take out a cube and toss it in.

put it in ice cube trays and freeze it. Then take them out and put them in a plastic bag. Whenever you want to add some broth, take out a cube and toss it in.
yes that is the perfect thing to do and i may add you can use it for making gravy.

My hamburger dish is really smelling good, I think it is that onion soup in it.
Katybar- just use the broth as the liquid for the rice?
The idea about the ice cube tray is good. I had thought about putting in containers and freezing, but this way would be better and not use my containers up.
Everyone is always so helpful on this site!!!

My hamburger dish is really smelling good, I think it is that onion soup in it.
Katybar- just use the broth as the liquid for the rice?
The idea about the ice cube tray is good. I had thought about putting in containers and freezing, but this way would be better and not use my containers up.
Everyone is always so helpful on this site!!!
hello there. another good thing about the ice cube thing is that i think each is about 1/2 - 1 oz. depending on the size of tray but measure it first to see. that will make it easier to follow a recipe just pull out the required ounces you need.

I know I have always found so many nice people to jump in there and try to answer my question or my problem. I appreciate it.
By the way my hamburger stew was really good. I had added some of the broth and it seemed to have a lot of flavor. My dh even said when we got through eating that the stew was really good.

I know I have always found so many nice people to jump in there and try to answer my question or my problem. I appreciate it.
By the way my hamburger stew was really good. I had added some of the broth and it seemed to have a lot of flavor. My dh even said when we got through eating that the stew was really good.
and thats all that matters the end result: smiles and compliments from the family, full tummy of great food and maybe a burp!! :LOL:

I like to add broth to mashed potatoes as well, just enough to add some flavor.

Sticky buns, early, early in the morning. Girls where I used to work e-mailed beggin' for some. Gotta learn to say no. (lotsa luck)
i had a comment but i will behave!! :LOL:

though only 2 letters that can be a hard word to pronounce!! they must be good.

Back
Top Bottom