What to do with Worchestershire sauce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MostlyWater

Sous Chef
I bought a big one and I know it's gonna sit in the fridge; any suggestions as to what it's good for? I bought it for a fish salad.

Sounds like you bought alot today!
Reading your last 3 posts it sounds like you bought lots of things that keep just fine for long periods, and you don't need to worry about using them up before they go bad.
As to the Worchestershire, use in most beef / pork recipes, burgers, whatever, for a dash of flavor.

When I do beercan chicken I mix a little worcestershire sauce in with the rub. It makes a nice paste to stick to the bird and I think adds another element to the rub.
That should use up a TBS or two for ya (lol).

Just curious, but why did you buy a large one when you had no idea what else you would use it for? Why not buy a small one if you just needed it for one recipe?

Just curious, but why did you buy a large one when you had no idea what else you would use it for? Why not buy a small one if you just needed it for one recipe?

My mother-in-law would buy 50 gallons of it if it went on sale.

Steaks, burgers, cesar salad, marinades, etc.

I'll ask the DW "You want Woster sauce on your burger?"......"No!" So I add a little anyway. Then while she's eating "This is one good burger. What's in it?"

lol

Since when has Worcestershire sauce had to be kept in the fridge??

I've always kept mine in the pantry, like, forever. Same with soy sauce.

Since when has Worcestershire sauce had to be kept in the fridge??

I've always kept mine in the pantry, like, forever. Same with soy sauce.

I don't think it has to be. I've never heard of any restaurant keeping it there. I think people probably refrigerate it to extend it's shelf life.

The OP said she bought a big bottle of Worcestershire that she knows "is just gonna sit in the fridge".

So I'm asking - since when does Worcestershire sauce have to be kept in the fridge? News to me.

Back
Top Bottom