What to feed a 7.5 mths old baby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rom

Sous Chef
If you were having a dinner party and they had a 7 and half month old bubby coming along, what little things could u make that the bubby could chew on?

I know they have their own baby food, but also like to chew on big peoples food. Don't want to leave them out of dinner hehe

I just thought it would be cute for her to have her own plate and set and food hehehe

hmm chicken soup, roast lamb, butter chicken, salad something else not sure about yet.
Cheerios LOL aren't they sugary breakfast?

At that age, my dd was just starting solids so she was only eating things that were pureed.

I wouldn't worry too much about having anything on hand, especially if the parents have said they'll be bringing baby food. They may have very certain things they are feeding their baby at this point--parents are told to be so careful about the timing of introducing solids because of food allergies and such.

At that age, while dd enjoyed eating her pureed avocado, banana and peas, she was equally content to chomp on a spoon at the dinner table.

Have a good party!

What is the baby's current diet? What "finger foods" are the baby currently eating? Does the baby have any food allergies?

Things that would be appropriate "finger foods" for a child of this age would be:

baby crackers
pieces of bread
plain wafer type cookies
dry cereals, like cheerios
cut and well cooked vegetable pieces, like green beans, potatoes, or peas
pieces of soft ripe fruits (bananas, etc.)

haven't asked the parents yet, was going to call later thought i would post
wasn't thinking of food food just snacky things, not sure about the allergies was going to ask that later as well

the cooked vegetables sound good! was thinking along those lines, i also knows the bubby likes those rice crackers with the flavouring lol

i just read pureed peas....yukkkk LOL
thanks PA, hope it will be :)

I would skip offering food. Maybe the baby is able to sit in a high chair. Just offer some activity toys like a bright colored rattle, squeeze toy that little ones can grip & lift or scoot around a tray, and an empty sippy cup that the parents can fill.

This might help you make the invitation list for the 1st Birthday Party where you will probably see some real baby eating action.

Your thoughts are appreciated. They are lucky to have a friend like you.

I would skip offering food. Maybe the baby is able to sit in a high chair. Just offer some activity toys like a bright colored rattle, squeeze toy that little ones can grip & lift or scoot around a tray, and an empty sippy cup that the parents can fill.

This might help you make the invitation list for the 1st Birthday Party where you will probably see some real baby eating action.

Your thoughts are appreciated. They are lucky to have a friend like you.

Have to ditto what Stir says. I was still exclusively nursing my children at this age, so no solid food was part of their equation. Just offer toys and safe distractions. Have fun.

Just spoke with her, she's a good little girl who eats all her mushy vegetables hahaha no allergies *touch wood*

yeah i will just get the crackers she likes and ask the parents if they want her to eat it lol otherwise hey, i won't say no to the crackers hahaha

hehe the bubby does eat pastina with bolognese sauce (like really really really fine meat it the sauce)

Glad you contacted the mother. I wouldn't feed a baby anything without checking with the parents first. You might want to suggest that mom bring a snack or two that she knows her baby would like. Saves a lot of guesswork.

I know when our daughter was that age we always traveled with with every single thing we would possibly need. People were always kind and wanted to have things available for her, but we found it much easier to just have what we needed on us at all times.

I just thought it would be cute for her to have her own plate and set and food hehehe

In my experience, children that age don't eat from plates with utensils - they eat with their hands from the table top or high chair top in front of them. At that age, they could hurt themselves with a utensil, even a spoon, and the plate will likely end up on the floor ;)

Back
Top Bottom