What to pair with moroccan lamb?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

calpal

Assistant Cook
So I'm going to make this recipe for my boyfriend and I for his birthday:

Recipe Details

I want to make some type of rice pilaf but I'm not sure which direction to go in... Middle Eastern, plain, or what. Also, I'm wondering if a tzatziki/raita style sauce would go well on the side?

Any suggestions would be wonderful!

I make homemade pilaf.Beats box anyday.

In a fry pan add:
1 tbs butter
1 tbs olive oil
1 1/2 cups white rice
1/2 cup vermicelli broken as small as possible
1/2 cup orzo

saute intil pastas are browned well

add 2-3 bay leaves
1 tsp chicken bouillon
1/4 tsp ground sage
1/4 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp savory
1/8 tsp black pepper
2 tbs lemon juice
1 cup water
1 can chicken broth
8 oz dry white wine

(can't go wrong with any green herbs)

simmer 20-25 covered until done.Add more liquid if needed.

Stewed chickpeas( with tomato, coriander, cinnamon, tumeric, and cilantro), Israeli pearled couscous(just salt and olive oil), Basmati rice(plain, basic, but authentic and aromatic and just plain delish)), Cucumber and tomato salad w/mint. . .

Sounds beautiful! try cous cous. It's such a cheap and versatile product.
You'll love it! I don't have any recipes yet for cous cous, but keep your eyes open.

Use a little garlic, chicken stock, a few veges and some lemon juice.
Great stuff!

For me it would be couscous. Middle East, no Near East makes several varieties that are so easy and are good hot or cold, depending on the meal. When I buy plain, I like to soak it in chicken (or other) stock, and add capers, chopped herbs (chives, mint, parsley come to mind). I especially love it, hot or cold, in the summer, because I don't have an air conditioned kitchen and all I have to do is nuke the water and pour it over. They also make a taboule that is a good starch as well, and just as easy. Both are good with a dab of good olive oil and the juice of a lemon (or half, depending on size).

Well I've decided to go for couscous (I just noticed the recipe tells you to use it... I never noticed that before haha). I've never made it, and I hope I can buy it in the smallish town I live in. Thanks for all your help! :)

Back
Top Bottom