What to part with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My apartment had a very small kitchen, it had a low ceiling, limited cabinet space and only 1 small drawer! My only option to keep my pots-n-pans in the kitchen was a rack on the wall. I found this grid system at The Container Store - and it worked well for the 13 years I lived there. My large stock pot and canning pot were stored in my hall closet, and my 8-qt stock and 12-qt pasta pots lived under the sink. Now that I am in a house I'm not sure what I'm going to do for sure ... but probably something similar but with this steel grid system.

Gee, how high is your sealing? And hom much stock do you need? How many people are youy coocing for? You did not say how big your pots are. Back when there was only 3 of us my bigest pot was 3 quart and that was plenty. There are different types of hanging racks, doesn't have to be over island. It could be hanging over the sink. How often do you make stock? You can leave the big pot in the box and keep it in garage, do you have garage?

CharlieD... I have a very odd kitchen... over my sink is a... well heck, I just need to find a picture. But it would not work over the sink for sure. The island would be the best place in my opinion as far as the location of the stove and what not, just not sure about the ballast.

I think my largest pot is probably a 3 or 4 quart size... but when I am doing pasta, they always boil over. There are only 2 of us... :( and I make batches of stock and freeze it.

Yes. I would definitely hang onto everything in good shape and find some place to store it. I have pots I haven't used in years.... but then one day will come that I want to boil a couple lobsters, or make an extra large pot of chili..... where would I be if I no longer had the pot that takes up the most room :huh:

See.... that is how I am thinking!!!

I also live in a condo with little kitchen space, and NO additional storage anywhere else! If it doesn't fit in the kitchen, it doesn't fit.... :ohmy:

Yea, if it is not in my kitchen, it's not getting used!

Andy M... you got to be in good shape hustling all those stairs to fetch yer pots!!!! LOL!

I have very low ceilings in my kitchen due to built-in fluorescent light fixtures, so a ceiling mounted rack was out, but I found this wall mounted rack.

img_496318_0_d8cd5ff5ef8d251c08d7d0d3495a2c3c.jpg

Unfortunately, I can't remember where I got it, and I have done a myriad of searches on Google, Amazon, and Fingerhut, to no avail.

I'm gonna take a photo of my kitchen when I get home and you will get an idea of what I got to deal with. I really like the open concept that it has, but when it comes down to it, it is very limited in the versatility unless I completely over haul it.

I have very low ceilings in my kitchen due to built-in fluorescent light fixtures, so a ceiling mounted rack was out, but I found this wall mounted rack.

img_496512_0_d8cd5ff5ef8d251c08d7d0d3495a2c3c.jpg

Unfortunately, I can't remember where I got it, and I have done a myriad of searches on Google, Amazon, and Fingerhut, to no avail.
Oooooh, Caine, I love your rack!!! It's gorgeous - looks very architectural!

I should take a picture of my kitchen. It's a huge "work in progress" because it's so pathetic. First of all, there's no counter space and no cabinet space. Yuck, yuck, yuck. I've become a warrior in that I've created a veritable "stalactite" system on my ceiling using "eye" hooks and metal rods to hold pots, pans, tools, etc.

There's very little part of my ceiling that isn't holding some kind of cooking tool.

I've had to work around lights and ceiling fans, but I've been able to create a pretty good working ceiling holding area.

Maybe a picture....someday.

Yes, yes Katie! You and Sattie (and everyone else) should post pictures. I love seeing pics of kitchens that belong to people who actually cook! It gives me so many ideas!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom