What to serve with cornbread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you start to add jalapenos, kernels of corn, and other veggie matter, then it is savory. Other wise it is just cornbread and can be whatever you want it to be. With or without those few grains of sugar. Like any fast bread product, i.e. banana bread, don't overmix it. Leave those lumps in it. Just make most of the mixture wet. This is not rocket science folks. It is a very simple recipe that has been aroundf since the discovery of corn. :)

Addie Proja(cornbread) is a staple of Balkans baking. My fav is this recipe but I add bits of crisp bacon or roast pork or both and serve with soup.
Easy Recipes: Proja with roasted peppers

That recipe with spinach looked good also. I love spinach. Right now I have some fresh asparagus I could steam and put in the cornbread. I was going to mak it for tomorrow to eat with the meatloaf my son brought me. But I am beginning to get other ideas.

Oh and I just remembered. Today is my birthday. So I need to make that chocolate cake that is on the back of the Hershey's cocoa can. I will have one or two thin slices and give the rest to Son #1. He loves chocolate anything. :angel:

Happy birthday Addie go to the funny sketch thread. The hyena joke is for you.:)

Thank you. I just got a lovely call from my daughter-in-law. I did see them and I loved the hyena one. You don't see that ending coming. No wonder he started laughing before he finished the joke. :chef:

Black-eyed peas

Cook 2 bags frozen black-eyed peas in 5 cup water, 4 strips of bacon, cut up, 1/2 cup chopped onion and cajun seasoning. Bring to boil and simmer 55 minutes. YUMMY- and I'm not even from the south!

Back
Top Bottom