What Was I Making?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudbug

Chef Extraordinaire
Found this rather cryptic recipe on scrap of paper in a kitchen drawer with the following in my handwriting. I have no clue as to what this was for. I"m guessing some kind of coating for chicken?

1/4 cup flour, parm cheese
3/4 t salt
1/8 t each pepper and garlic (powdered, I guess, on the garlic)
1/2 t onion powder
1/4 t thyme

375/60

Yep, I'd go with chicken or pork chops.
Might even try it tonight if I can dig up some
chops.

grrr, that one gets me every time i hear it. dw and i went to the opening of a really ritzy italian place near us. we were lucky to get reservations at all (i called in a huge favor :cool: ), so i was psyched to be one of the first to experience the magic. dw had a meal of epic culinary heights. i ordered the veal milanese, which was just a breaded thin veal cutlet, with a wedge of lemon on the side. i could have made that in my sleep.:glare:

bucky, I hope I can help make up for your unfortunate veal experience. The best veal piccata I ever ate anywhere was in joisey, in or near Morristown (near you?). Some little hole-in-the-wall place that I sadly do not remember the name of. It was nestled in among a bunch of other little restaurants and antique-y type shops, if I recall.

I know this is a vague description, but you and dw seem to restaurant crawl to some extent, so it may be worth it to you to check Morristown and environs out. Veal so tender you barely needed even a fork to cut it.

thanks 'bug. morristown isn't to far; i'll have to look into it.. unfortunately, our dinners out have been reduced to once in a while, instead of once or twice a week. :(

but now with luvs living with us, we might just get out more often. don't worry luvs, we''l stock the fridge and bring home doggie bags...

living with you is GREAT,bucky! woooooooo-hoooooooooo!
mud, i think it sounds like a chicken coating, definately! betcha it'd be good on red potatoes, too!:)

luvs, I think you might have hit on it. It's quite possible I did some red potatoes this way. thanks! I also think this would be fine on chicken, everybody.

I was going with the oven-fried chicken too - the only thing I add is Italian breadcrumbs to all the other stuff.

Back
Top Bottom