"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking

Old 01-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #11
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I know...finding the way to cook Salmon so Shrek would eat it.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #12
Master Chef

I think my best cooking achievement was joining Discuss Cooking in 2010. I've always been what most people call a good cook, but this place has opened up a daily new world of cooking ideas. It's become a source of creativity that had become somewhat dull over the years. My daily cooking, and discussion of cooking, has become really fun again thanks to all the regulars here. Yep, without a doubt, my best cooking achievement this year has been finding all of you.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
He got a goofy look when I asked him...he says he thinks everything is so good. Shrek really is good for a girl's self-esteem.
So is my honey. I've never had anyone be so appreciative of my efforts in the kitchen. It is a great boost!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:43 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I think my best cooking achievement was joining Discuss Cooking in 2010. I've always been what most people call a good cook, but this place has opened up a daily new world of cooking ideas. It's become a source of creativity that had become somewhat dull over the years. My daily cooking, and discussion of cooking, has become really fun again thanks to all the regulars here. Yep, without a doubt, my best cooking achievement this year has been finding all of you.
I agree. I had joined DC in 2008, but ended up taking care of another alzheimer's lady and then life took a nasty turn for awhile. I found DC again several months ago and was surprised to find I was already a member. Since then, it's been like you said KL. I had gotten tired of my same old same old dishes, and things have gotten a lot more interesting since I got involved with this wonderful group of people.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #15
Senior Cook

Everyone seems to love my potato salad and rump roast with gravy - nothing hard or special to me, but that's what is usually requested for dinners and picnics. When my kids were little they used to tell me I should package the potato salad and sell it, it was that good. Love my family.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:13 AM   #16
Cook

It's hard to pick the greatest, because there were quite a few achievements/learning experiences.

I think my greatest achievement, overall, was finally allowing myself to go with my gut (pun not intended) on dishes even if some people were telling me otherwise. It resulted in some pretty killer Xmas roasts, sides and desserts. I don't need more proof than that to know there must be something right in my instincts.

Yeah I know how corny that must have sounded, I couldn't help but feel a little proud with myself for it though .
Old 01-13-2011, 12:09 PM   #17
Cupcake

I've had a lot of changes this year: More focus on buying local, really considering what goes into the foods I make. Also, the branching out I've tried via the things I've learned through TCU. (Yes, I know many probably think it is the silliest thing ever, but I've had a blast with the classes.)

I think my greatest achievement this year was evoking my grandparent's memories through my attempts at wine-making and canning. I've loved sharing the wine and the preserves turned out decently enough even though they could be improved.

Also, just sharing more ideas with this group. 2010 was a very nice year.

Tags
cooking