What would be the perfect meal to cook for someone you've just started dating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Devil's Advocate?

Not to be devil's advocate or anything, but maybe you shouldn't be thinking so much about not cooking messy or smelly food. My first meal with my boyfriend (not the first one I cooked for him) was a very messy and very big traditional Colombian meal. He liked to see that I was a woman with an appetite, and the whole messy thing just served as a funny ice breaker.

Rather than get nervous, use it! No one is perfect, and I think people are even less perfect on a date, which is GREAT!

I think that a picnic inside would be nice--some comfort food of some kind--eggplant parm and pasta, a steak and potatoes, etc. Simple, yet familiar. Pop on a movie and sit on the floor, and relax. Don't make it too big a deal or you'll drive yourself nuts.

Last edited:
Not to be devil's advocate or anything, but maybe you shouldn't be thinking so much about not cooking messy or smelly food. My first meal with my boyfriend (not the first one I cooked for him) was a very messy and very big traditional Colombian meal. He liked to see that I was a woman with an appetite, and the whole messy thing just served as a funny ice breaker.

Rather than get nervous, use it! No one is perfect, and I think people are even less perfect on a date, which is GREAT!

I think that a picnic inside would be nice--some comfort food of some kind--eggplant parm and pasta, a steak and potatoes, etc. Simple, yet familiar. Pop on a movie and sit on the floor, and relax. Don't make it too big a deal or you'll drive yourself nuts.

Yes good advice. Just relax and don't make a big deal of it

Back
Top Bottom