whats a good recipe for salmon steak sandwich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blah

Assistant Cook
whats a good recipe for salmon steak sandwich (w/o grilling)?

Two separate parts to your question. How to cook the salmon and what to make the sandwich with (in addition to the salmon).

I suppose you can cook the salmon any way at all and then make a sandwich. Least favorite way for a sandwich would be poaching or en papillotte.

If you can't grill it, consider pan frying or broiling. You may marinate the fish in a favorite marinade then cook it. Pan frying or broiling will give you a nice browned crust for added flavor.

Choose the bread you want and dress up your sandwich. Consider scallions, roasted red peppers, tomato or whatever. Make a flavored spread from mayonnaise and different seasonings to spice up the deal.

Just use your imagination. Walk down the aisle in the market and take a good look at all they have to offer that could make an interesting sandwich topping.

I would pan saute the salmon - make a spicy remoulade sauce, lettuce, tomato, on a sesame seed bun. Chipotle mayo would be good too. Then from there you can add things like the roasted red peppers Andy M. mentioned. You might even try some fresh mozzarella. If you had ciabatta bread you could even make a panino with the above ingredients.

I'm thinking just some creamy type of dill dressing and pumpernickel bread with cold poached salmon. Oh, and a little butter lettuce.

Back
Top Bottom