What's everybody's favourite "cooling-off" food/drink?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love nothing more than a good glass of water - the sad part my favorite water comes from Tuscany and isn't cheap :rolleyes:

The other thing I enjoy is frozen grapes - just pop some seedless grapes off the stem and put them in a baggie. Pull a couple out and enjoy! These are also good to keep a glass of white wine or Champagne cold!!!
Me too. I learned about frozen grapes here and now it's a staple in my house. They are wonderful and the perfect way to cool off.

Ice water, iced tea, fresh orange juice, grapefruits, honeydews, nectarines, homemade chocolate ice cream, homemade blackberry ice cream, banana blizzards...

Icy cold watermelon, iced tea, lemonade, Italian ice (especially lemon flavored--it seems to feel the coldest!), and freezer pops.

:)Barbara

I can't say that I have a favorite, just what ever mood strikes. Lately tho, it has been sorbet. Lemon sorbet.... so refreshing!

Gelati...can't seem to find the good stuff here though, wonder if it's hard to make...

If that's not available, frozen bananas dipped in chocolate and rolled in nuts.

And as far as drinks go, the best is still ice water with lemon.

:) Anything with ice cubes usually iced green tea with mango flavor, ice water our water here is so pure and tastes wonderful and maybe for a treat popsicles at least two or more.;) If I really want to be cool it entails an air conditioner and or fans.

strawberry sodas are nice, chocolate malts(I know where to get a good one!), Ice cold club soda with lime..

sweet iced tea is # 1, but I also likediet coke - in a can only, and baskin robbins - jamoca almond fudge or ben & jerrys cherry garcia or peach cobbler ice cream. the only prob I have w/ice cream is that it makes me thirsty so then I get to drink ice tea

When it comes to a meal, I love a great salad. I'll be out to dinner with friends and in the summer, I just want a salad. My friends tend to think I'm trying to be virtuous. Heck, no. The burger and fries they're having probably have fewer calories! I just like the cool crunch of a good salad -- Asian, Caesar, yumm yumm yumm. Especially at home where I can eat tomatoes straight from the garden!

A Cool Lemon Drink

One bottled water

Add Lemon On The Go Crystal Light

Shake....enjoy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom