What's for Dinner January 27, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brown lentil soup cooked with leeks, garlic, ginger, chili, tomato and pepper puree.

It will probably be spaghetti and homemade meat sauce. I have some burger thawing right now...

BTW, today is the 27th...

i am trying a different no knead recipe, one for pizza crusts. It will make two crusts and I intend to bake up both pizzas.....with homemade sausage, the last of last years portobellas, lots of mozz cheese, red sauce, some ricotta cheese, probably sauted onions and a dusting of parmesan.

Tonight is a bad cheap night. Homemade pizza with premade crust! It's yummy and fast plus my 11yo can put it together. Tuesday's are very busy in my house up until 9pm so whatever I can do to make it go smooth.

Tacos. I made a batch of beans this weekend. If I'm still energetic after work I'll make some spanish rice to go with it.

I have a crock pot of BBQ Beef going since last night....should be nice and delicious when I get home with some Corn Chowder. Yum.

Dh wants mealloaf and I'm thinking that he forgot how bad the last one was. If anyone has any good hints, I'd appreciate them.
With the meatloaf, we will have potato salad, fresh green beans and pears with cottage cheese - maybe some rolls. If gs finishes his homework in time he can make some apple dumplings or brownies.

Tilapia en papillote with thinly slice lemons underneath, potatoes/carrots and onions on top; also cooked up a small amount of green beans.

img_782755_0_cd3f9284d78c3e45c7ae054d68b7f376.jpg

Arriving home early because of oncoming ice, we watched Paula yesterday. So, we're having chicken boudian and buttermilk pie. I think my southwest steamed asparagus will make it scrumptious.

Last edited:
I made sort of modified paella Portuguese style. Dry white wine, saffron, hot Italian sausage, chicken thighs, shrimp, Arborio rice, cayenne, red pepper, tomato and peas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom