What's in a name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sprout

Sous Chef
I'm trying to name a dish I made tonight & need input. The filling had equal parts ground beef and butternut squash cubes, with fresh onion, celery, and basil, powdered coriander, cumin, cloves, cinnamon, and white pepper, kosher salt, and a pinch of sugar. I served this in a warm, softened corn tortilla with julienned fresh red plum. I was thinking "Indian tacos," but where I grew up that's a dish served at Native American get-togethers & is basically taco fillings on frybread. Also, the overall taste just reminded me of Indian food; I'm not sure if these ingredients would even make sense with the label.

I do know that they were delicious and next time I'll make sure I have some sour cream or plain yogurt on hand. Maybe I'll add some golden raisins once plums are out of season. Oooh, maybe I'll try stuffing red peppers with this. Ok, now I'm just wandering... :)

harvest wrap is pretty good, lp.

it sounds middle eastern/mediterranean to me, with spices and fruit mixed with meat and veg., and especially if you add yogurt (or would you consider adding garlic, cucumber, and red wine vinegar to the yogurt to make tsatsiki?).

how about mediterranean wraps?

moroccan tacos?

Haha, this morning, as I was eating the leftovers for breakfast, I was thinking "Harvest Tacos." I like "Harvest Wraps" too. Although, "Morrocan Tacos" is tempting, simply because it's so much fun to say!:)

Back
Top Bottom