Whats something I can make with these ingredients

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let's seeenow...

(Mexican) Colache:
Slice strips of squash, zucchini, bell peppers and green onions. Normally one would use poblanos but this is what you've got and also it wouldent be that spicy which is good for some people. Any way's sautee this mix with about 1/2 a stp of butter in a non stick pan and once it's cooked yet still crisp add some condensed milk and start melting in some shredded monterrey jack. This makes a great side dish and when stuffed into wheat tortillas it makes an instant "quesadilla de colache" which is my favorite. For some extra flavor you could dice one tooth of garlic into it if you want to.

(Italian) Like Kitchenelf I would probably go with the alfredo option unless you feel like pounding some chicken breasts, stuffing them with diced broccoli and cheese, breading them and giving it a pan frying.

(Stir fry): chicken, cabbage, broccoli, coliflour, mushrooms, shallots... to this add about a cup of chicken stock, stirn in about a two spoons of flour or one of corn starch, some soysauce and you will end up with a nice thick gravy you can pour over egg noodles.

Between those 3 you pretty much have uses for all your ingredients and they are all easy, one pan things.

I made your dish Erik and it was delicious...........I did have to change a few things as I didn't have all the ingredients..........but your recipe gave me the building blocks to make this wonderful dish and I can't thank you enough.

The only thing I did that I won't do again is add some chicken breast to the broth because it was bland. Next time I'll fix the chicken seperately by cooking it in EVOO, Garlic, S & P, and some lemon and cooking it till its almost done and then add it to the dish.

I ended up using spagetti. I didn't have any chicken stock so I compromised and used Chicken broth instead. I thought I had broccoli but I didn't as it was in that great of condition at the store and I remembered I'd passed on getting it. But I did add the carrots and squash and threw in some zucchini also. I left out the peas since I only had canned and I was afraid they'd be mushy. I substituted the plum tomatoes for some canned diced tomatoes. In the end I forgot to add the green onions. I ended up adding more heavy cream than the 1/4 cup and 3 cloves of garlic vs. the 2 as we like the flavor of it so well.

I def. recommend others to try this dish. Its a wonderful recipe that you can adjust to make it your own.

Thanks again Erik!

Have you thought about making a tetrazinni? You've got most of the ingredients, spaghetti, bell peppers, cream and/or half-and-half, and some cheese. Add some diced chicken/turkey, sauteed onions, cream of chicken/mushroom soup(s), and some bread crumbs on top.

AllenMI...........I've never heard of this before. What do I do just mix all the ingred. together and put it into a baking dish and top it with the breadcrumbs? Do I add any herbs, garlic or olive oil?

Here's the two Turkey Tetrazinni recipes I have:

Turkey Tetrazzini
Yield: 6 Servings

1 7 oz pkg spaghetti
1 can (10 ¾ oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 can (10 ¾ oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
¾ c milk
2 T dry white wine (or chicken broth)
2 c cut up cooked chicken or turkey
1 c slices ripe olives
½ c slivered almonds
1 c shredded Cheddar cheese

Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package. Rinse with cold water; drain. Heat oven to 350ºF. Mix soups, milk, and wine or broth in a 2 qt casserole dish. Stir in spaghetti, turkey, olives and almonds until evenly coated and sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered for 25 – 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

Turkey Tetrazzini II

One 10 oz pkg spaghetti, broken into 2” lengths
3 c cooked diced turkey
½ c minced canned pimento
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 c turkey broth
2 c small canned peas, drained
1 small onion, chopped fine
A few celery tops taken from the heart of celery, chopped fine
2 T butter
3 c grated cheddar, in all
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook the noodles al denté. Drain well. While the noodles are cooking, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Do not brown. In a large mixing bowl add the rest of the ingredients to the noodles, and the sautéed onions and celery, withholding 1 c of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss lightly until thoroughly mixed. Pour into a buttered pan and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake in the oven at 350°F for 30 minutes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom