What's the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calya

Senior Cook
I recently was reminded that I used to love eating chicken feet (when we would go out for Authentic Chinese food) as a child and now I can hardly look at them. I guess one weird food may not be weird to another.

I LOVE chicken feet. Positively, the best. But then I'm Chinese, so I guess thats not a strange thing.

Theres that show on travel channel, with the bald man who goes around eating "strange" things? It was odd where a lot of the Chinese foods he ate were just normal to me.

But I'd have to say the strangest thing I've ever eaten was...I guess crab innards, mostly because I don't like them rather then it being weird or strange.

hmmm, the weirdest thing I've eaten....
I'd have to say my words ;)

I don't find any food weird. There are foods I do not find appealing, but I would not call them weird. I have never tried pacanis' words though so those might be kind of weird.

Wierdes thing? That's easy, earthworms baked in a burning milk carton. That was also the most digusting flavor I've had in my 52 years of existance.

Hey, I was a kid and someone told me they ate them in Africa. I figured if they were good enough for people in Africa, they were good enough for me, and I didn't have a stove and don't think my parents would have let me cook them anyways. They were smarter than me back then.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Wierd is in the taste of the beholder and changes over time. A few years back, I was told by a butcher that I was the only non asian that ever bought squid from him. Now it is the fastest growing restaurant item. I buy seafood at a chinese food market as it is the freshest available in my area. The ducks I buy there come with the head and feet. I throw them away, but cannot think of a reason why I would not like the taste of feet. I eat pigs feet. I would not eat the heads, but use heads of fish and shellfish in fish stock.

I was served a soft-shell crab sandwich one time and they forgot to remove the sand sacks - I guess it doesn't really qualify because I spit it out. BUT, while it was in my mouth it was DISGUSTING!

Pacanis, the best answer. Wish I had thought of that one.
Weirdest? I almost didn't open this post. I was afraid it would be like Zimmerman's Bizarre Foods show. Sometimes I just can't take it. I'm not all that daring, no matter how many spices you bury something in.

Picanis wins! LOL. I watch Zimmerman's Bizarre Foods as well, mostly out of fasination at what that man is willing to put in his mouth! I can't count the number of times I have to look away.
Earthworms???? OMG I am going to hurl!!!! I can't stand anything worm or snake like at all. I keep thinking I would like to try rattle snake, but can't get past the fact that it is a snake...

Back
Top Bottom