What's your 2 favorite steak sauces...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorite accompaniment to Steak is St. Agur Cheese. It is a match made in heaven. Especially when washed down with a nice full bodied Red. I also like a 5 peppercorn sauce.
But as Frankz says, good steak should be enjoyed as is.

Attachments

• blue-stagur.jpg
    blue-stagur.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
Welcome Arinjunk! I admit that there is A-1 in my fridge, and the family does use it sometimes. I guess I may not always have the right steak?

Welcome Arinjunk! I admit that there is A-1 in my fridge, and the family does use it sometimes. I guess I may not always have the right steak?
A1 is my wife's favorite sauce. She uses it with whatever kind of steak we are having. I like it mixed with a bit of mayo as a condiment for a steak sandwich with fried onions. m,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited:
depending on my budget & laziness, i'll allow 4 bottled, though a great steak should be....... great. by itself

Last edited:
I usually make a gorgonzola sauce 2-3x/year, sometimes with asparagus tips in it. And a shallot/shroom/balsamic vinegar sauce maybe 2x/year. But considering I eat steak just about once every week, sometimes twice, I'm more in the no sauce is good sauce camp. I just play around with sauces for a change.

On the rare occasion that I even have steak then I might choose teriyaki (well, i lived in Japan for a while). With roast beef I like horseradish and au jus. I like filet mignon just sans accoutrements.

We have A1 and Heinz 57 but they usually don't get used much on steak. We'll use them on steak sandwiches and hamburgers more than steak. I cook my steaks with onion salt, garlic salt and pepper which gives the meat a good flavor that doesn't need anything else.

The only "sauce" I like is before eating steak... about 2 oz. of bourbon neat. ;)
On a well selected and cooked Rib-eye, Porter House, T-bone, Strip or Top Sirloin no sauce is required or needed....That is unless you don't like the taste of good beef!

Last edited:
My wife likes a bit of A-1 on her steaks.
I, too, am in the No Sauce camp, but I do like to grill
them with a compound butter. I slather it on before and after.

That blue cheese with a steak idea sounds lovely, I will have to try it!

a great bleu, a creamy/rich bleu, can make a steak a seperate entity; i'd give that 1 a thought!

Back
Top Bottom