What's Your Favorite Deli Meat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting thread, Andy. And thank you Kayelle for the pastrami source. I'll check it out.

The Columbus pastrami is very good, i get it at Costco, too. I only get to eat half...the cat gets the rest. She'll steal it!

Alix reminded me of Cade's favorite Thuringer....it is so tasty if you haven't tried it please do it's yumm on nice soft white breat or cibatta with mayo.kades

Great, flavorful pepperoni, followed by Genoa Hard Salami, Capiocola, and liverwurst, all three tied for 2nd place and just edging our soprasetta and corned beef. Favorite cheese - Balderson 5 year aged heritage cheddar, followed closely by a strong, well aged Swiss, then Butterkase, Pinconing sharp, and depending on my mood, either Colby, Havartie. Gruyere, Parmesano Regiano, Asiago, or Muenster. Favorite sandwich condiment - mayo, followed by horseradish, spicy brown mustard, and Miracle Whip (gotta have Miracle Whip on a great BLT). Oh, and another item that isn't usually used for a condiment, but that I discovered works phenomenally on the right sandwiches, black or white truffle oil.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Great, flavorful pepperoni, followed by Genoa Hard Salami, Capiocola, and liverwurst, all three tied for 2nd place and just edging our soprasetta and corned beef. Favorite cheese - Balderson 5 year aged heritage cheddar, followed closely by a strong, well aged Swiss, then Butterkase, Pinconing sharp, and depending on my mood, either Colby, Havartie. Gruyere, Parmesano Regiano, Asiago, or Muenster. Favorite sandwich condiment - mayo, followed by horseradish, spicy brown mustard, and Miracle Whip (gotta have Miracle Whip on a great BLT). Oh, and another item that isn't usually used for a condiment, but that I discovered works phenomenally on the right sandwiches, black or white truffle oil.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Not that you have given this much though. :LOL:

Not that you have given this much though. :LOL:

I won't be positive until he dies, but I'm pretty sure that he has it in his will that these things must be served at his funeral. And possibly carved onto his headstone. :LOL: I can't count the number of conversations we've had about favorite meats/cheeses/condiments in my lifetime. It would make Christmas gifts really easy if we lived in the same state.

As for me, it's gotta be SPAM. Oh wait, you said meat. Well then, I'll have to go with prosciutto and capicola, even though I've never tried the really good stuff, only the grocery store stuff. A really tasty honey cured ham can certainly hit the spot from time to time though!

I won't be positive until he dies, but I'm pretty sure that he has it in his will that these things must be served at his funeral. And possibly carved onto his headstone. :LOL: I can't count the number of conversations we've had about favorite meats/cheeses/condiments in my lifetime. It would make Christmas gifts really easy if we lived in the same state.

You can always mail the meat/cheese. The post office is very quick about such things. :rolleyes:

it's definitely prosciutto for me. i buy a half pound a week from the guy that plays deputy halloran on "boardwalk empire" (currently on hbo). no kidding! his family, mucci, owns a good little italian deli near me, and they have very good canadian prosciutto, and excellent di parma.

i often wake up with meat cravings, and a slice or two of prosciutto wrapped around a sesame breadstick cures it.

Croatian Prsut from Drnis croatia 2010 035.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom