What's Your Favorite Deli Meat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bresoala although i luv salami, too, frizzled & then combined w/ a scrambled egg or 2
or a fried egg!

Last edited:
Liverwurst is not very popular but a favorite of mine. I've been eating it since my youth.

Just one? Genoa Salami....Most of the time I buy Mortadella and a top of line ham to go with it. Then there's "baloney" for a sometime fried baloney sammich!!!:LOL:

I love that too! Even though James doesn't like liver, Braunschweiger (he has asked me not to call it liver sausage, lol) is one of his favorites as well.

:)Barbara
Me too Barbara, I adore it and love it on rye bread.
kades

I love that too! Even though James doesn't like liver, Braunschweiger (he has asked me not to call it liver sausage, lol) is one of his favorites as well.

Barbara, I believe it was another post that discussed that there was a difference between liverwurst and braunschweiger (see Wikipedia), however... sliced between two pieces of bread spread with some mayo, a pickle and side of chips, and I don't care. It's still one of my favorites, which is why I had one tonight for a light dinner!! Yummm! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I think I would pick sandwich pepperoni though a hard salami is nice too.

And I do tend to favor the Boars Head meats.

Barbara, I believe it was another post that discussed that there was a difference between liverwurst and braunschweiger (see Wikipedia), however... sliced between two pieces of bread spread with some mayo, a pickle and side of chips, and I don't care. It's still one of my favorites, which is why I had one tonight for a light dinner!! Yummm! :mrgreen:
LOL Yes, I was part of that conversation. The brand I buy most of the time calls it Braunschweiger, but it also says on the package that it is liver sausage.

Andy, without a doubt my favorite is Columbus brand Pastrami. It can be found in small packages at Trader Joe's and two lb. packages at Costco. I buy mine at Costco and wrap it in 4 packages for the freezer. Check it out at TJ's and you'll be sold on a 2 pounder at Costco.

It depends on quality. If it was the best traditional pastrami you ever tasted (tender, flavorful, and meaty...where it melts in your mouth...hard to find that quality) then I would pick the traditional in a heartbeat. Our Harris Teeter deli doesn't carry the quality traditional pastrami I speak of.

Mollyanne if you haven't discovered it yet, once you do, you'll never settle for turkey Pastrami again. Their other deli meats are also the very best quality. Check this out..........

Columbus

Bologna. I'm not ashamed to admit it...I love bologna. Sometimes Kim has it sliced thick (like 3/8") and fries it without grease in a non-stick skillet, then puts the cheese on at the last so it will melt. German bologna is the best, but I'll eat any of it, even turkey bologna.

Thuringer sausage or hungarian salami. I like corned beef and pastrami too, but its got to be the good stuff.

does anyone but me put on a piece of cheese? swiss is nice, kinda sharp taste to contrast. i like it on crackers as well.

I love liverwurst on cheese and crackers!!! Better than a snadwich!

But for a deli meat, it has to be Beef Pastrami. There was a place in Dnever and the guy deepfried the pastrami, just enough to crisp the edges, before he put it on your sandwich...delicious!!!

Back
Top Bottom