What's your favorite meal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i always find myself ordering pasta in resturants withwhte souce, with chicken or salomon ....

ummmm yeh guess its my favorite , italian food for me ..

too bad i am on diet ;)

There's no way I could narrow that down :) I'm pretty simple I guess, I like steak from the grill (ribeye being my favorite steak) with a baked potato made how we call Irish baked potatoes with butter, S&P, sour cream, and chopped onions or green onions ... I'm a meat-n-taters guy :) I grew up on chilidogs and boxed mac-n-cheese and still love it to this day. But since my DW makes the best Italian meat sauce I've ever had, it ranks at a tie with #1 for spaghetti (or choose your favorite pasta, mine being fettucini).

There are so many, I couldn't narrow it down, DW and I make a mean Jumbalaya too that I love. Beef Stew. DW and I make what Germans call Pot Pie which is not the little frozen pies in the freezer. It's more like a beef stew with homemade fat noodles mixed in at the end that I salivate over just thinking about it :) I love any kind of shellfish: oysters, shrimp, steamed Alaskan King Crab, steamed Maine Lobster, clams being my top of those lists.

I'm also a sucker for any kind of sausage, I haven't found one I don't like yet. Keilbosa, Italian, Andouille, Brats, Knockwurst, etc. I like most of them as a sandwich with either sauerkraut, cole slaw, or peppers and onions ... and most with a spicy mustard.

My list of favorites is huge :) I could wear my keyboard out talking about them :)

I adore lobster with butter my second favorite is a veal marsala with sweet marsala...and lots of mushrooms.
kadesma

It depends a lot on my mood and what I've had to eat earlier. I like chicken in almost any way, steak = the same, pork, too. Anything but raw oysters and sushi. But, I like all veggies too. Maybe that is my problem I like too many things.

Wow! I like too many things to pick only ONE. A nice rare steak almost always gets my attention, especially if it is accompanied with some wonderful red wine.

Lobster, heck yes. Buck always steamed a lobster for me on my birthday. I miss that.

Another thing I really like is Coquilles St. Jacques. Here's a recipe that sounds tasty if you're unfamiliar with the dish.

grilled NY strip steak medium, steak fries crispy, tossed salad and side of mushrooms from Steve's Sizzling Steak.

extra thin crispy pizza and salad from The Lido.

steak and accompaniments from Mt. Fuji Steakhouse.

Wow I don't think I can narrow it down to one choice.
For breakfast there is nothing better to me than some french toast with real canadian maple syrup and a side of pemeal bacon .

For lunch a clubhouse sandwich with oven roasted turkey breast , mayo on the side, toasted , no tomato on white. With of course a dill pickle on the side and some fries with dark gravy.

For dinner its a tie between cheese cappelltti (sp?) with ceasar salad and fresh garlic home loaf ( not garlic bread) -OR- Roast beef with mashed potatoes and mushroom beef gravy ,yorkshire puddings and peas.

Shrimp Ajillo (shrimp fried in an olive oil, garlic, hot pepper, coriander, thyme sauce) served over saffron rice with some crusty bread to sop up any extra sauce and washed down with homemade Sangria is one of my many favorites.

I have thought about this since yesterday, and I'm stumped!!! I don't have a favorite meal. I love so many foods I just can't pick. So sorry.

I couldn't decide, so here's my fav 3:

1. Mexican shrimp cocktail, grilled swordfish tacos and fresh fruit.
2. crab stuffed avocados, grilled crab legs with baked potato and fresh strawberry pie.
3. Sushi, sashimi, white steamed rice and ice cream.

Steak

A good steak cooked in a cast iron skillet, it gets the best crust.

Hi Mandy.. Nice question.

Since I love too many food types to get into here, I would say that it is the company that matters.

Hopefully they appreciate you as much as you do them.

Bob

can't say a favorite meal. I love seafood, Mexican, Chinese and Italian, lol. That's the best I can do.

If duck is on the menu, I will most likely get that. I like it cooked medium with cranberries.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom