What's Your Favorite Recipe Website?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I subscribe to, and find wonderful recipes in, Cooking Light, Healthy Cooking, Food & Wine, and Everyday Food, and I have each of their web sites in a Favourites folder so I can access any recipes that peaked my interest without having to keep the magazines, which I bundle up and donate to charity once a year, around forever.

I subscribe to, and find wonderful recipes in, Cooking Light, Healthy Cooking, Food & Wine, and Everyday Food, and I have each of their web sites in a Favourites folder so I can access any recipes that peaked my interest without having to keep the magazines, which I bundle up and donate to charity once a year, around forever.
+1 That's what I do with LCBO's Food and Drink magazine. I get the hard copy, wait for the recipes to appear online and save the ones I want to try, put those in a folder (all the 2012 issues are in one folder, etc) and donate the hard copy to a charity. I scan recipes from other magazines and donate the magazines when I'm done. I have enough clutter/paper in my life.

Last edited:
David Lebovitz is one site I read often, and if looking for specific recipe, I always google the recipe and his name. His blog is good too. Taste.au has some good recipes too.

Besides DC, that is. I have a few that are "go to" sites for me when I'm looking for ideas.

Simply Recipes - really good recipes here. I haven't had too many duds.

SparkRecipes - Healthier alternatives

Epicurious

Eating Well - The ads can get a little annoying, but they are, after all, trying to sell their magazine.

I used to like AllRecipes, but it just seems like I've gotten too many hit-or-misses over the years.

What recipe websites do YOU like?

Can't say that I go to specific sites for recipes or ideas. Have stumbled upon a few I like when doing some research. Mostly they are food blogs. Great pics & personal descriptions.

Years ago, I had a subscription to Cooking Light Magazine. I do enjoy visiting their site from time to time.

I subscribe, via email, to BHG (Better Homes & Gardens) & Food Network Magazine & sort through the recipes, etc.

From time to time, I'll look at Serious Eats and/or Chowhound.

I gravitate toward the "healthier" sites like CL, Eating Well, Vegetarian Times, & Whole Foods. Sunset is another favorite.

Last edited:
I neglected to mention my fav blog. Foodwishes.com it's a video recipe blog And comedy show in a single video. I suggest everyone check it out at least for corny jokes.

Back
Top Bottom