What's Your Favorite Recipe Website?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
Besides DC, that is. I have a few that are "go to" sites for me when I'm looking for ideas.

Simply Recipes - really good recipes here. I haven't had too many duds.

SparkRecipes - Healthier alternatives

Epicurious

Eating Well - The ads can get a little annoying, but they are, after all, trying to sell their magazine.

I used to like AllRecipes, but it just seems like I've gotten too many hit-or-misses over the years.

What recipe websites do YOU like?

Food Network's site usually has good recipes I've found, but over the past couple years if I need a recipe almost always I find it on one of the 20+ blogs I have bookmarked.

I don't spend a lot of time on recipe websites looking for ideas. Usually, I get an idea reading threads here or watching TV or on another website and google that idea. Google gives me a list of sites to view recipes.

'Go To' websites include Epicurious, About.com, Food Network (with cautions) and specific food/ethnic websites (for BBQ or Indian, etc.)

Yeah if you use Food Network recipes be careful with your searches and read reviews. As a general rule, I won't use a recipe from there that doesn't have a at least a couple good reviews, luckily you can sort the order of results by rating.

Besides DC, I don't have any favorites.

If I like a recipe on Food Network, I go to their TV schedule which has a link to the show's recipe.

If I'm looking for something in particular, I google and read the recipes until I've answered my question whether it be spices to use or time and temperature.

Hunting recipes, catch as catch can, read a bunch and decide what I want to do. This is after I search through my cookbooks.

Lately I have been using Google Images first, rather than look for recipes. I recognize this sometimes means someone is a better photographer than their culinary skills. But I ofen find a decent recipe to compare, in someone's blog, that doesn't show up in the top of Google recipe search. I have a few blogs I follow/ or have come to trust what they offer over time too.

I like Food dot com, Sometimes Epicurious, sometimes My Recipes, A couple ( too many) bbq sites, and I read the Garden web/ Cooking forum, although I am not a member.

Lately I like Saveur dot com the more I see it.

I compare several/ quite a few/ multiple recipes before I settle on how and what I am making. I look in my cookbooks as well. Can't forget them.

One of the Best parts about DC is the Search Function Actually Works !! If there is a recipe I am searching, it actually can be found here, if it exists.

I do go to the LCBO Food and Drink magazine often.

LCBO Food and Drink

The 2012 Autumn issue will be out on the 5th of September. By then, the Summer issue should be on line (it is awfully slow--usually takes about 6 weeks, but it came out the 17th of June). It has some really great BBQ recipes in it.

Steve: Helpful Post

Buon Giorno, Good Morning Steve,

Interesting as well as helpful post ...

Mine are:

1) www.nigella.com

2) www.foodandwine.com

3) www.bonappetit.com

4) www.bbc.com.uk/food

5) www.jaimeoliver.com.uk

6) www.saveur.com

*** For Italian gastronomy: I research only in Italian

*** For Spanish, South American, Mexican epicurism: I research only in Spanish

*** For Portuguese & Brazilian cuisines: I research in Portuguese

I have also used:

Gordon Ramsey´s recipes, however, I have 3 books of his books.

Mario Batalli and José Andrés: Have several of their books and have been to their restaurants and have interviewed both of them

Bobby Flay: he has a couple of interesting takes on Savannah classics, which I have employed ...

Kind regards, have lovely Wkend and great August,
Ciao, Margi.

I'll Google what I'm looking for and select what comes closest to what I had in mind.

Back
Top Bottom