"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-26-2011, 07:46 AM   #1
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 116
Mine would be Tobiko handrolls, or salmon sashimi. I also love the beancurd pockets filled with rice and then crab or salmon on the top. I can't get enough of sushi!! :b

__________________

__________________
www.eatlovemove.blogspot.com
EatLoveMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Galena, IL
Posts: 7,973
I have a hard time saying anything is my favorite of anything, I just like too much. My current favorite is that my local sushi chef makes something he calls ahi tartare and I just love it. Minced tuna that he forms in a cake, surrounds with thin sliced of avocado, and tops with a pattern of different colored fine fish eggs. But don't ask me next week! I guess if I had to say one thing, it would be .... well, OK , it is two, plain ahi sashimi and california rolls.
__________________

__________________
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:08 AM   #3
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire
I have a hard time saying anything is my favorite of anything, I just like too much. My current favorite is that my local sushi chef makes something he calls ahi tartare and I just love it. Minced tuna that he forms in a cake, surrounds with thin sliced of avocado, and tops with a pattern of different colored fine fish eggs. But don't ask me next week! I guess if I had to say one thing, it would be .... well, OK , it is two, plain ahi sashimi and california rolls.
I know exactly what you mean! I guess that's the beauty of Japanese cuisine. It absolutely excites me! I'm assuming that your tuna tartare is raw? Sounds fabulous! I'm honestly drooling!
__________________
www.eatlovemove.blogspot.com
EatLoveMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #4
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
OMG! Sushi Lovers Unite!

My favorite bite of sushi....hmmmmm

It would have to be spicy scallop gunkenzushi. When I toss a bite of it into my mouth, the first couple of chews are pure heaven!

Clean, mild, fresh fish flavor with the kick of the spicy mayo on the after taste. Oh God, I could eat 20 of them!

I love tuna and salmon made the same way.
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #5
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
By-the-way...

Sushi Porn!

I go to that site to just look at the sushi sometimes....

I've bought the large Salmon Eggs from them. I thaw them again and put them into the tiny round tupperware containers and refreeze them.

When I'm jonesin for some Ikura, I take one out and thaw it in ice water. Then open it and eat it with a plastic covered baby spoon. Sometimes I have a tiny bit of cream cheese with each spoon-full.

It's to kill for....
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #6
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: SE Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,655
I love eel; first choice every time.
__________________
Robo410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #7
Executive Chef
 
Selkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 3,796
Do I have to choose? I haven't met a piece of sushi or sashimi I haven't liked yet! But if I had to choose, anything with salmon, trout or fish roe.
__________________
"Food is our common ground, a universal experience." - James Beard
Selkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:23 AM   #8
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy
By-the-way...

Sushi Porn!

I go to that site to just look at the sushi sometimes....

I've bought the large Salmon Eggs from them. I thaw them again and put them into the tiny round tupperware containers and refreeze them.

When I'm jonesin for some Ikura, I take one out and thaw it in ice water. Then open it and eat it with a plastic covered baby spoon. Sometimes I have a tiny bit of cream cheese with each spoon-full.

It's to kill for....
Timothy! You shouldn't have shown me that site! Lol! That sushi and sashimi looks so good. I've got a hot date tomorrow night, so if all goes well in the future, I'll be looking at that site to get some ideas to impress him with some sushi one night.
__________________
www.eatlovemove.blogspot.com
EatLoveMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #9
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatLoveMove View Post
Timothy! You shouldn't have shown me that site! Lol! That sushi and sashimi looks so good. I've got a hot date tomorrow night, so if all goes well in the future, I'll be looking at that site to get some ideas to impress him with some sushi one night.
You might consider some of their dried seaweed salad also. When I'm out, I pay $7 for one serving of what they charge 50 cents a serving for.

I'm ordering some! 6 types of seaweed in it. I'll make a wasabi/sesame dressing to drizzle on it. Oh Yum! Oink--Snort!
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #10
Senior Cook
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy

You might consider some of their dried seaweed salad also. When I'm out, I pay $7 for one serving of what they charge 50 cents a serving for.

I'm ordering some! 6 types of seaweed in it. I'll make a wasabi/sesame dressing to drizzle on it. Oh Yum! Oink--Snort!
Yum! How good is seaweed! I love it. You're dressing sounds perfect.
__________________

__________________
www.eatlovemove.blogspot.com
EatLoveMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.