When did you last try cooking something new? How did it turn out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today I am making tanduri chicken. I got the recipe from my mom, but I think I'm gonna add some minced garlic and ginger powder to the marinate. I think it will taste nice. Wish me luck.:)

Please post the recipe. I've heard of Tanduri chicken, but have no clue what it's like, except ginger and garlic, and that part sounds really good. I've got a nice hunk of ginger. I need inspiration.:chef:

Recipe for tanduri chicken

Please post the recipe. I've heard of Tanduri chicken, but have no clue what it's like, except ginger and garlic, and that part sounds really good. I've got a nice hunk of ginger. I need inspiration.:chef:

Ingredients:
· 8 pieces of chicken, skinless drumsticks or breasts
· ½ cup yogurt
· 1 tablespoon butter
· Juice of 1 lemon
· 1 tablespoon red chili powder
· 1 tablespoon coriander
· 1 tablespoon ginger powder
· 1 tablespoon cumin
· 3 garlic cloves, minced
· ½ tablespoon mustard
· Pinch of saffron
· 1 teaspoon Tanduri chicken powder
· Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation:
· In a medium sized bowl, mix all the ingredients except the chicken until you get a smooth paste.
· Place the chicken in a large oven tray. Apply the sauce to the chicken and coat each piece carefully.
· Cover the tray and leave to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
· Pre-heat the oven at 250oc.
· Apply melted butter to the chicken just before grilling.
· Grill for 30 min. or until done, turning the pieces occasionally.
· Serve with onion and lemon slices.

I have made chili perhaps 40 times or more. We like chili around here when its cold. My DH likes his plain w/saltines, whereas, me & the kids like it with cheese, a dollop of sour cream, & tortillia chips. Big whop - right??
Well, my DH likes his chili to be more like baby food "warm"..I always kid him on it...I, personally, think that its not a decent chili unless it makes your nose a bit runny. About 2 weeks ago, I made a chili that made me cry..not because it was so freaking good,..but...because it was too hot - as licking the sun on the brightest of days hot. Suprised that I still have a tounge left actually!!
It was that darned cayenne pepper to what messed my lot up. I finally found it...(had been secretly thinking that my DH had thrown it away on me)..turned out, that-nope-he didn't, it just got lost in the pantry. So, when I found the container, of course I was happy, &, must have gone "shake-a-shake-a-shake-a" crazy...this crap wound up being so fricking HOT that, I was sure that the crock pot would have been melted too along w/it!!
So, there you have it...my UNSUCCESFUL Chili attempt!! I created fire that day though!! LOL

I have made chili perhaps 40 times or more. We like chili around here when its cold. My DH likes his plain w/saltines, whereas, me & the kids like it with cheese, a dollop of sour cream, & tortillia chips. Big whop - right??
Well, my DH likes his chili to be more like baby food "warm"..I always kid him on it...I, personally, think that its not a decent chili unless it makes your nose a bit runny. About 2 weeks ago, I made a chili that made me cry..not because it was so freaking good,..but...because it was too hot - as licking the sun on the brightest of days hot. Suprised that I still have a tounge left actually!!
It was that darned cayenne pepper to what messed my lot up. I finally found it...(had been secretly thinking that my DH had thrown it away on me)..turned out, that-nope-he didn't, it just got lost in the pantry. So, when I found the container, of course I was happy, &, must have gone "shake-a-shake-a-shake-a" crazy...this crap wound up being so fricking HOT that, I was sure that the crock pot would have been melted too along w/it!!
So, there you have it...my UNSUCCESFUL Chili attempt!! I created fire that day though!! LOL

I use Sriracha Sauce and Tobasco Sauce like ketchup. I use Cayenne (red) pepper with abandon. But I have a bottle of this stuff called Jamaica Hell Fire Hot Pepper Concentrate that is suposed to be mixed in the ratio of three parts water, one part concentrate. I made the mistake of using it straight up on some spanish rice one day. It litterally caused my taste buds to swell on my tongue. I've had the Dave's Insanity Sauce, the Liquid Stupid, and other hot sauces like them. But this one, it's wicked hot.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I use Sriracha Sauce and Tobasco Sauce like ketchup. I use Cayenne (red) pepper with abandon. But I have a bottle of this stuff called Jamaica Hell Fire Hot Pepper Concentrate that is suposed to be mixed in the ratio of three parts water, one part concentrate. I made the mistake of using it straight up on some spanish rice one day. It litterally caused my taste buds to swell on my tongue. I've had the Dave's Insanity Sauce, the Liquid Stupid, and other hot sauces like them. But this one, it's wicked hot.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My dh has that baby food mentality, or maybe it's just baby taste buds. I'd give anything if he would allow me to use just a drop or two of mild pepper sauce, but...nooooo. Oh well, he does have some good qualities.

My DH made up a batch of breakfast sausage meat and we had the sausages with eggs and toast for breakfast today.

I was surprised. They were hot, good, but hot.

I mentioned that they were a bit hot for breakfast.

"I used cayenne, now that we have some."

"They got that hot from cayenne?"

"Well, cayenne, paprika, and black pepper."

"Did you use the hot paprika?"

"Of course. It didn't say which kind of paprika in your recipe." :LOL:

I make a dish using tortillas and after folding in my ingredients, rub them with canola oil before placing in the oven. They brown/crisp quite nicely.

Easy idea. I like it. What time/temp did you use, please?:chef:

That's funny niquejim. I made garlic soup for the first time tonight too.

I used this recipe: http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f56/cream-of-garlic-soup-61101-2.html#post882337

I used mostly chicken stock, with some vegi stock. I added a 1/4 tsp of salt. I cooked the flour for a while before adding the milk and stock.

It was really good. Next time I will use a wooden spoon instead of a whisk. I will also add the flour much sooner than the recipe says, to cook the flour properly without risking over cooking the garlic. I don't want to risk a raw flour taste.

This turned out wonderful TL. The only change I made was to remove the garlic after getting it golden so I could take my time with the white sauce. Thanks for finding this. Your rave review is what inspired me to buy an extra head of garlic to try it out. I'm so glad I did.

After many, many years of cooking I finally made a pimento cheese. Dh wanted some and couldn't find it in the store. Nothing hard about it but I think it needs a little more flavor and can't decide what the flavor is that is missing.

I just made another batch using Colby/Jack and I had about a 1" cube of Asiago left so I used that instead of Parm. It is exceptionally good.

I made garlic soup yesterday, from a recipe TaxLady found. It was quick, easy and awesome. Next time I'll make it with minced clams and clam juice, unless I can find a pint of oysters.

cooked leeks in the crockpot with ribs and carrots. the leeks turned a yucky gray color and didn't taste good. ribs and carrots wonderful. won't do leeks that way again, was to lazy to peel and slice onions. also the leeks were about to go south. they are just to delicate for crockpot i guess.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom