When dining out...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jabbur said:
YES! The band boosters had a quick planning meeting and birthday celebration for the band director. We made reservations (about 10 of us), ordered appetizers, drinks, entrees. As we were discussing ordering dessert and coffee, the manager came and asked us to leave that we had been there too long and he needed the table. It had been about an hour and 15 mins since we were seated. Needless to say we didn't order dessert, we got our things together and left. As we were leaving, expecting a crowd of waiting customers, we were surprised to find no one in the lobby waiting and staff standing around with seemingly nothing to do! We tipped low that day. This was 6 years ago and I have never set foot in that restaurant again. When people suggest it I tell them I had really bad service there and will not give them my business.

Ugh. That's awful. Very bad business. Why would want to get customers out the door?? I was at a restaurant once with a group of 18, and we were all drinking bar drinks. The waitress brought us all our checks when we were done with our meals, so we had to start getting up and going to the bar. She missed out on quite a bit of revenue because of that. When she realized we were still drinking she said, "Oh, I'm sorry, I could have gotten those for you!" but when we needed them she was nowhere to be found.

At work tonight I caught myself "lurking" after I brought one of my tables their check lol. It wasn't because I wanted them to hurry though, it was because I didn't want them to have to wait if they needed me to run a card or get them change. How am I supposed to know when they need something if I'm not around?? I don't want them to think they've worn out their welcome!!

My beautiful wife was a Maitre De on Celebrity Cruise Ships, she had over a 100 waitstaff under her control, one of a number of good stories is when the ship caught on fire and the order was given to abandon ship, quite a few pax wanted to finish their meals, she got the dinning room evacuated and then joined her fire fighting team (she was certified a firefighter by the Miami Coastguard) the ship was able to get into port in the Bahamas.

Back
Top Bottom