When food makes you cook it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also have addiction issues with food shopping. My wife shops separately for the necessities and non-food items. I go with a list of all the dinners for the week, side dishes and whatever else, and all the ingredients that make up what I intend to make that week. . But, it is a rare day that I come home with what is 'just ' on the list. I often hear certain veggies or maybe good bargains calling my name. Although not on the list, I feel like i must buy them and figure out what i will do with them when I get home.

Especially if I am in an ethnic market. Thats when it really gets ugly. Im a sucker for a new fruit , vegetable or food item that I've never tried before. I can't wait to get home, skim through the internet to see what I can do with it. Which actually reminds me, I have a short, fat cooking banana from Thailand waiting for me to do something with it.

I tend to over do it with peppers of all kinds. I have dreams of making sauces and salsas, but my work gets crazy busy in sumer and fall so I never get to it. We do eat a lot of peppers, but I really need to do sauces.

I'm a hot sauce geek among other things. Maybe this will be the year.

One thing we always have too much of at our place is blackberries. zillions. One can only make so much blackberry crisp. I will admit though, I never get tired of blackberries.

Except for the keeping them at bay and away from the fruit trees.

I freeze peppers, tomatoes, tomatillos, etc., and make sauces with them later, when it's cooler and I don't have to heat up the kitchen.

Whatever I pull from the freezer, has to be cooked. Whatever is in the crisper, has to be cooked/eaten. Whatever is the garden, has to be eaten. Happens every day. We don't eat out, so I get asked every morning around 10:00 a.m. "What's for supper." Then are the dietary restrictions. I miss my greens.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom